Chapter 12

"Come on, guys." Mercedes tapped her pen against her pad of paper. "We need to come up with a song to practice."

"Instead of coming up with something new, I say we just sing a classic." Ringo twirled his sticks in his hands.

"I think we'll do better with something original." David argued.

"Yeah but you, Mama and Florera are the only ones who write music. Ringo and me are lost." Puck protested.

"Haven't you gotten through your lessons in guitar notation?" Mercedes asked.

"Mini Mama said I was hopeless."

"You probably are but ask her to be nicer."

Puck gave her screw face.

She laughed. "I'll ask her to be nicer. I don't know though. What do you think, Florera?"

Florera was a tall girl with black hair and brown eyes who was quiet and serious. "I think we should do one of each."

"Great idea!"

"We have to learn two songs?!" Puck was crestfallen.

"We're going to have to learn more than two if we're going to get a record deal." Mercedes pointed out.

"This is bunk!" He sat back.

"Marcy'll get you for stealing her words."

"Well it fits."

"Come on. We have to write a whole new song and also come up with what song we want to cover."

"Can't we just do one of your mother's songs?" Ringo asked.

Mercedes blinked. "A Rosie Taylor song? Sure. I bet they haven't heard one of those in a while."

"Well at least I know all her songs." David sighed.

"You know what song I really like of hers? Rainclouds." Ringo nodded.

"I love that song!" Mercedes was excited now. "We can get the sheet music off the Internet and get started."

M&MC

"So how was Hollywood?" Marcy asked Quinn.

"You know I can't understand you with that surgical mask on." Quinn huffed.

Marcy rolled her eyes and moved it. "How was California? Dip." She readjusted the mask.

"I heard that. It was good. The video looks good from what I saw. I have no idea how they're going to edit it but I think it's going to be amazing." Quinn poured the mixture into the ice cream machine.

"I have a shoot coming up for a nail polish spread."

Mercedes perked up from crimping pie edges. "I love nail polish spreads! They always give you a sample!"

"I know. I already got my faves set aside. It's going to be awesome."

"I'm going to be so bored this week!" Quinn groaned. "I'm off. I don't have anything scheduled until next week."

"I'm taking the twins with me tomorrow. Want to go with and you can watch them?"

"I'll take it!"

Mercedes giggled. "Why'd you put Jude up front, Marce?"

"Tell me how many people are going to argue with that face!" Marcy laughed.

"He is so sweet! He's super accommodating! He's so respectful and mindful of his actions! I'm telling you; someone's going to snatch him up quick!"