Expanding Army [50]

For (Y/n), standing on Aether's back as he flew through the sky was incomparable to anything else he'd ever experienced. The wind brushing past him — accompanied by a dome of plasma to stop any bugs or debris from hitting him — made for an unparalleled glee.

Of course, he couldn't just sink in and enjoy it, since he'd gone to Aether's corpse for a reason. He didn't want to scare Cha or Goto by arriving from a Gate, so he decided on a dragon was a better — and an innately more stylish — option.

He arrived at Cha's location less than two minutes after Aether was revived. The Dragon God of Lightning landed, and (Y/n) could see Cha's senses shoot up to eleven, the Hunter making no physical movements but still her mana suddenly raring to go.

However, that quickly stopped when (Y/n) revealed himself and hopped from Aether's back, the dragon bowing its head to him.

(Y/n) gave the flabbergasted woman a small wave, smiling coyly. He knew she'd ask questions, but she knew he'd be tightlipped about it. Cha couldn't help but let out a sigh, a relieved smile rising to her face as she rose from her spot, dropping onto the ground. However, that smile quickly faded as her worried expression took place once more.

She opened her mouth, but (Y/n) spoke first. "There have been zero casualties. Every Hunter, Japanese, Korean, or otherwise, will be able to leave this Gate."

Cha's mouth shut, studying the Shadow Sovereign before relaxing. "I see. And what's with this —" she gestured towards Aether, "— dragon that certainly wasn't here before?"

(Y/n) pondered what telling Cha would change. She'd eventually find out either way, especially when he'd revived Longshen and Yogumunt. That added to hopefully reviving Uriel and Beelzebub would all but confirm that he was a Necromancer.

Additionally, if Choi still wished to go on a few more raids with himself, Fanzer, and Ichigo, (Y/n) couldn't imagine it being convenient to hide a skill that could dramatically increase the speed of a raid. Several of his Summons — excluding possibly Aether, because of his large size — would be revealed several times.

Trying to avoid an explanation would probably be more difficult than explaining a watered-down version of one. So, an explanation would be the easiest decision.

But more importantly than the logical side of it, (Y/n) trusted Cha. Maybe a few hours ago he'd worry about her betraying him or something like that, but now, he doubted she'd use the information to hurt him.

"Well, it would be more efficient to just show you rather than telling you," (Y/n) shrugged, strolling past the moderately confused S-Rank and stopping just inches away from Uriel's mass of pluming mana. Unlike with Aether, he could imagine just keeping Uriel's name the same, so he did. "Arise, Uriel."

Pitch black flames rose from the body before coalescing and forming a woman's body with black hair floating like fire and two glimmering white wings outspread behind her. She looked around, then at her hands, clenching them once then twice before meeting (Y/n)'s eyes and kneeling to him, her head bowed.

[Shadow Angel of Hellfire, Captain Rank has evolved into Shadow Archangel of Hellfire, General Rank Lv. 20.]

[The skill, Fire Manipulation has evolved into the skill, Celestial Fire Manipulation.]

[Uriel | Lv. 20]
[Rank: General]

(Y/n) turned to see Cha staring at him, her mouth hanging open. A minute of pure silence, only interrupted by the soft waves crashing against the island passed before she managed to shut her mouth.

It took another five minutes of Cha opening and closing her mouth to try and formulate the right words. Finally, after another minute of just looking at Uriel Cha sighed, sinking in her spot a bit.