Yogumunt [17]

Yogumunt's hostility wasn't something the average Hunter could react to. Between one instance and the next, Yogumunt's mana warped into three solid spears of dark red energy, racing towards the trio. They weren't altered or affected by gravity, shooting in a pure line towards their targets.

[Yogumunt is using the skill: Soul Spear x3.]

Ichigo was the first one to react, squinting as her mana pulsed through her muscles gently. The instincts built into her body responded to Yogumunt's vile intent far before she actually saw anything, allowing her to slam her metal bat into the Soul Spear. The spear bent before it was launched upwards and shattered, but Ichigo's weapon was shoved back due to the recoil, causing the young woman's eyes to widen.

(Y/n) reacted in the next instant, activating Void Slash and trying to slash through the incoming attack. As he pushed forward, intense pain shot through his chest. He gasped in pain, clenching Legacy's handle hard and feeling as the blade's handle lengthened slightly, the black blade transforming into its shortsword form. Legacy slammed into the tip of the Soul Spear, holding the mana weapon back.

(Y/n) pushed back against the weapon, but the pain in his chest caused him to lose the struggle, the Soul Spear slid past Legacy and stabbed into his shoulder. Before he could yell, Igris emerged from a nearby shadow and hacked the spear in half.

Fanzer reacted lastly, electricity rising from his body and barely dodging the Soul Spear by ducking underneath it. It wrapped around and followed him, but Fanzer maintained his efficiency, dodging the attack over and over again. He carefully examined the weapon, every dimension of it, and the natural flow of the mana within it. After so many revolutions, he was able to catch the spear midair, sending heavy mana through the weapon.

[Fanzer is using the Class skill: Steal.]

The Soul Spear tried to escape Fanzer's superhuman hold, but the Thief didn't let go, his mana taking place of what used to be Yogumunt's. Soon enough, the dark red spear changed into a light purple spear of crackling electricity.

[Skill "Steal" has successfully worked.]

[New skill, "Lightning Lance" has been created.]

Yogumunt blinked. A large, manic smile started to rise to his face. He scanned over Fanzer and Ichigo with fascinated eyes. He regarded Sung and Igris with a thick and obsessive gaze.

"You three are...." Yogumunt couldn't finish his sentence before the three Hunters suddenly began converging on him.

Ichigo leapt up with her bat overhead, the untouched barrel—the thickest part of the bat—coming down on Yogumunt's head. Fanzer charged up two Lightning Lances, unleashing the newly formed weapons from both sides. (Y/n) dashed forward, gritting his teeth as he clenched Legacy hard, black energy coursing over the blade.

"...Quite interesting," Yogumunt finished, his mana whirring with life behind him.

[Yogumunt is using the skill: Soul Binding.]

Yogumunt's dark red mana started swirling into strands before those strands braided themselves into thick ropes. Those ropes shot out in an instant, wrapping around the trio in three different ropes. He clenched his hand, pulling it down to the ground. The mana, still connected to his own larger aura, obeyed his command and pulled the three Hunters into the ground. A fraction of a second later, seven more Soul Binds shot out, tearing each of (Y/n)'s Summons to the ground, including Igris and Tempest.

The three let out gasps of pain, each of varying degrees of injury. Ichigo tried to break the Soul Binding, but her physical strength didn't make a dent in the skill. Fanzer just let out a soft laugh, seemingly defeated by the situation. (Y/n) was in a similar state of mind, although his hand with Legacy was carefully trying to cut down the ropes.