Scenarios [36]

Fanzer and Ichigo sat close together, keeping one another warm in the bone-chilling colds. Fanzer kept his mana strong, allowing Ichigo to get whatever rest she could manage. They were quiet after Sung left; they didn't know what there was to say.

Ichigo's stomach rumbled.

"Heh, still hungry at a time like this? I aspire to one day be like you," Fanzer joked, trying to cheer the sullen Gourmet up. When she didn't respond, Fanzer didn't try joking again. Instead, he spoke seriously. "It's okay to be scared. I know I am."

Ichigo blinked, looking to her feet. "Maybe, but... (Y/n) is still moving forward, even after facing Yogumunt. It's just pathetic that I can't do the same. I've just... never had to face such a strong opponent before."

Fanzer nodded, sensing that Ichigo wished to continue.

"My bat, I received it from my master. She had it personally made for me to stop me from shattering every bat I used. Actually, I bet more than anyone, she'd be telling me to get up right about now," Ichigo chuckled to herself.

"Sorry about the bat. I've... got some connections from all my thievery. I can try to—"

Ichigo laughed, causing Fanzer to stumble, "W-What is it?"

She shook her head, a bright smile on her face. "To be honest, I didn't have the best impression of you when we first met. A thief who cares about money doesn't sound like someone I'd consider a friend. But... well, I was wrong. You're a good guy, Fanzer."

The thief let out a flustered laugh, trying to turn his face away from the bright woman. "Jeez, don't suddenly compliment me like that. Anyways, we should go find (Y/n). We can't let him go at this on his own. He is our friend, after all."

The thief rose from his spot, extending a hand to his friend. She took it, rising with a nod of her own. When she rose, the two maintained eye contact for a moment, just staying quiet.

There was a crunch of snow before the two turned to see a familiar golden-eyed friend.

"Er, did I... interrupt something?" He awkwardly smiled.

Fanzer and Ichigo looked at one another before pulling away, shaking their heads.

"Ah, good. Well, I just... needed to apologize, first and foremost. I don't know who was right between us but, I shouldn't have stormed off. It also almost got me killed so... you were basically right," (Y/n) admitted.

"You almost got killed?!" Ichigo screamed, causing (Y/n) to let out an awkward laugh.

"Just almost. I'm still here, so it's fine," he shrugged.

Fanzer approached the black-haired man, letting out a little sigh. "If you're apologizing, it makes no sense for me to not do the same. Sorry for threatening you."

(Y/n) shrugged, "Eh, it's done now."

The two non-necromancers blinked.

"You're different now. Did something happen?" Ichigo asked.

"Well, whatever it was, I like this new you." Fanzer shrugged.

Fanzer stuck his hand out, offering it to (Y/n). "We good?"

Instead of taking his hand though, Fanzer was surprised when (Y/n) gave him a hug. Fanzer was stunned for a moment but collected his bearing and returned the display. Then, when their hug was done, he gave one to Ichigo, who was just as surprised as Fanzer.

(Y/n) stood up straight, his golden eyes burning with vigor.

"I won't let myself ever regret what I didn't do. I'm actually a more affectionate person that people may think," Sung shrugged, unbothered by Fanzer's surprised look. "But yes, we're good, Fanzer."