Preparations [27]

This chapter brings Dual Leveling's Word Count to over 100K! Thank you for sticking with it for this long, that means the world to me!

-----

Golden eyes quivered with exhaustion as the E-Rank's black hair shook in the wind. He walked with a hunch, trying to conserve as much body heat as possible. He pulled up his status screen, then activated Soul Mimicry. A notification he hadn't seen yet appeared.

[Slot Number One and Slot Number Two have already been filled by Igris's Telekinesis and Tempest's Bloodlust.]

[A third Named Summon cannot be placed in Slot Three at this time.]

[Which Slot would you like to replace?]

[Slot 1: Igris – Telekinesis Lv. 2]
[Slot 2: Tempest – Bloodlust Lv. 3]

After a moment, he clicked Tempest.

[What skill should replace Bloodlust?]
1. Unchained Howl – Let out a howl that momentarily decreases an opponent's stats by 40%.
2. Black Lightning – Use extra powerful lightning; try not to burn everything to a crisp!
3. Sprint – Momentarily increase your speed by 30%.

(Y/n) slumped with disappointment. He expected Chaos of Fenrir to be there, and he would've chosen it in a heartbeat. But, unfortunately for the E-Rank, that scenario wasn't possible. Sung settled on his answer after a few moments, choosing the third option.

A notification arose when he confirmed his choice.

[Tempest's Bloodlust has been replaced by Sprint.]

[The Second Mimicry Slot cannot be replaced for six hours.]
[06:00:00 -> 05:59:59]

Although he thought about choosing Unchained Howl, the ability to boost his own abilities further seemed more reliable than the ability to decrease his opponent's abilities, especially because the debuff could be entirely ignored if his opponent's resistances were too high.

Absentmindedly, (Y/n) wondered how Soul Mimicry—and several of his skills—would level up.

And with that thought, (Y/n) realized that he didn't understand how to properly level up his skills. Some skills like Umbra Control and Void Slash seemed to level up as he used them, but his class skills didn't seem to level up at all.

However, his normal skills were absolutely phenomenal when they leveled up. Umbra Control's grueling 500 HP a minute became 350 by the time it hit level three. Umbra Aura was a similar case, taking 700 MP a minute instead of its original 1000.

The best way to improve his strength was to increase the levels of his skills. Of course, (Y/n) already had a decent grasp on that knowledge, but Yogumunt's sudden appearance caused him to take another step in growing faster.

Thoughts of how to level up his class skills flashed through his mind, but he shrugged them off after a few moments. The skills were proficient enough to work, and without much knowledge on his abilities, he'd be running in circles trying to find a way to level them up.

Between steps, (Y/n) pulled up his status screen, looking at the whole image for an accurate understanding of it. As always, he set the passive stat-skills in a different section and abruptly ignored them.

[Name: Sung (Y/n)]
[Level: -50]
[Class: Necromancer]
[Title: Black Wizard]
[Soul Attribute: ????]

[HP: 7,500]
[MP: 7,900/10,800]

[Strength: 108]
[Dexterity: 59]
[Agility: 117]
[Vitality: 79]
[Intelligence: 108]
[Faith: 53]
[Luck: 52]

[Status Points: 0]