Training 3 [22]

(Y/n) swung Legacy, Void Slash's pitch-black energy coating the blade. He swung his weapon again and again, sweat pooling down his face. At first it was easy, but as he pushed himself to his limits, he was forced to use less and less energy on Void Slash while trying to keep the skill efficient.

Eventually though, he was tuckered out, falling to the ground, panting.

He glanced at the progress of his proficiency, noting the "62.7%." It was surely rising, although it wasn't at a rate that he necessarily liked. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths before he heard soft footsteps approaching him, stopping a few feet away from him.

"You've been training? Good!" Lolikiano bent over and tapped the tip of (Y/n)'s nose. He opened his eyes and a small smile pulled at the edges of his mouth. "Okay, there's a lot to tell you! For once, I'll try to be a respectable teacher!"

(Y/n) slowly rose from the ground, standing and meeting Lolikiano's gaze evenly.

"First of all, I need to know what I'm working with! Here!" Lolikiano held her hand out and a blue potion appeared in it. She handed it to (Y/n) with a smile. "Drink it! It's a mana restoration potion!"

(Y/n) looked at the potion with suspicious eyes. Advanced Observation activated immediately, informing him of the high price of the potion, as well as the impressive effects of it. His eyes widened and he blinked at Lolikiano.

She puffed up her cheeks. "What is it? Is it not high-quality enough? I wanted to start out small, but if you need something a bit more powerful, I can—"

(Y/n) shook his head, deciding to drink the potion. (Y/n) gulped it all down in a few seconds but didn't feel anything. It tasted like generic medicine, not awful, but not amazing either. He was positive that his MP bar hadn't moved up in the slightest.

Lolikiano noticed immediately. "It didn't work. It really didn't work!" Her tone wasn't angry, or even surprised, but rather curious and excited.

(Y/n) squinted. Lolikiano shook her head a few times, a smile on her face.

"Don't worry, I'll explain in a minute! For now, try to drink this!" Lolikiano held her hand out again, but this time a purple, swampy potion appeared in her hands. She handed it to (Y/n) happily, giggling excitedly.

He looked at the potion with a dark expression. He held it up and swishing the water around in its glass container. He could see chunks of something in it. His expression darkened, and he glanced down to see Lolikiano looking up at him with child-like glee.

When Advanced Observation activated, he couldn't see any important information about the potion. Rather, the only information that he could see was that the potion wouldn't be dangerous to his Health points, which was a little reassuring for the Necromancer.

'I feel like a science experiment,' he thought before taking in a breath and downing the potion. As soon as the chunks hit his tongue, they dissolved. (Y/n) was pleasantly surprised by the decent taste of the potion despite its less than appealing visual.

A moment passed, only a fraction of a moment, before (Y/n) felt insane power rushing through his body. His golden eyes shined with newfound energy as his body almost swore it would erupt if he didn't use his energy properly.

It was only then that (Y/n) realized he'd never used a mana potion before, or at least, not one that successfully worked with him.

"Oooh, so that does work for you!" Lolikiano's eyes shimmered excitedly. "So, a potion made from highly dangerous Mana of Death that would be like poison for most actually works as a mana potion for you! Okay, show me your skills!"