Jill [38]

(Y/n) moved forward. His Summons remained under his feet, ready to jump out and assist him at any time. However, because of the relatively small corridors, he couldn't be too sure how many of his Summons would be useful in such an environment.

Regardless, he moved forward, enhanced by his skills and his title. He knew he wasn't unstoppable, but he certainly felt powerful.

He opened a set of large double doors to see a familiar face.

A woman with a wicked grin on her face. She once wielded dual shortswords and had mantis wings, but that seemed to have changed. Instead of before, where she was only covered by her scales, now she was wearing a set of clothes that reminded (Y/n) of William's armor.

He knew who she was, because she was his first failure after becoming a necromancer.

[Perfect Construct, The Goddess of Failure]
[Jill]

(Y/n)'s mouth hung open.

"Kekekeke, you're surprised to see me, aren't you?" Jill cackled, clapping her bejeweled hands together. She was covered in equipment that increased her magical abilities. It was nothing like her previous weapons, but it somehow fit her more. She laughed and laughed, her voice echoing around the large, empty room.

(Y/n)'s face was filled with disbelief.

"Yes, yes, that's the perfect expression to have before you die!" The Construct cackled once more.

No, rather, he couldn't stop the corners of his mouth from fluttering upwards.

"The Goddess of Failure?"

"H-Huh?"

"Wow, I've run into a lot of monsters, but that is the saddest title I've ever seen."

"What are you talking about, you pathetic whelp?!"

(Y/n) turned his head away, coughing into his hand to mask his laughs. "Nothing, nothing, please, continue."

Jill stared at (Y/n) for a moment. Slowly, rage overtook her, and she screamed.

"You—You, son of a—"

(Y/n) softly interrupted her. "If you all—all of the Constructs—are truly perfect, then why is Yogumunt trying to make more?"

Jill suddenly took a step back. Her eyes shook. (Y/n) continued. "No, there's no need to answer. Perfection isn't a viable thing anyways."

"You bastard!" Jill let out a roar, reeling back her arm. Two blades of mana appeared on her forearms. They were long and thin, but (Y/n) could tell they were just as dangerous as any weapon. She whipped her arm up from the ground, the floor splitting as her mana rushed from her new weapon.

[Jill is using the skill: Death Scythe.]

(Y/n) squinted his eyes before he fused with Tempest and Igris. His energy soared higher than ever as he casually side-stepped the attack. The ground he was standing on what completely ruined, her attack shooting farther than (Y/n) originally expected it to.

"I'll cut you to pieces!" Jill howled, closing the distance between her and (Y/n) in a single step. Her attack flashed through (Y/n)'s neck, causing her grin to grow. However, upon a second look, she was underwhelmed to see that the attack barely missed him, flashing over his head due to him leaning back.

'Death Scythe looks like Lycaon's Mana Slashes. Interesting,' (Y/n) noted, dodging another Death Scythe from the lunatic of a Construct. He reached out and grabbed her wrist faster than she could react to, flipping her over and slamming her into the ground.