Devil's Gambler [43]

Fanzer landed softly on the ground, his wind allowing him to softly land. He observed the surroundings quickly, looking back up through the hole he fell through.

"I can't get back through the top, and there's a ton of traps in this corridor. Adding onto that, there's no way of finding out where this corridor even ends. I've gotta get back with the other two, so...." Fanzer's body was covered in purple sparks, and he suddenly rushed through the corridor.

However, he didn't set off a single trap, using his expertise in being a Thief to assist him.

A few minutes later, he emerged in a beautiful, crystal biome. Beautiful minerals jutted from the ground, blocking Fanzer's field of vision.

A small squinting gaze later, the Thief realized the crystals were just earthen metals, but rather, they were mana crystals of differing elemental alignments.

Under his experienced gaze, he could tell the crystals were not only beautiful, but they were also incredibly valuable.

Due to their elemental alignments, they'd sell even better than normal mana crystals. When elemental mana crystals, also known as Lucentials, were absorbed, the elemental affinity of that Lucential would increase the affinity of the user in that element.

The Lucentials were only usable by those with unlocked Soul Attributes, and they were rare to naturally occur in Dungeons. However, this sight was several steps beyond incredible.

But Fanzer couldn't enjoy the scene.

He wished to be swept away, but the beauty was contradicted by something else.

Crimson electricity crackled out of the beast's nostrils as it slowly exhaled. The blue and white scales of the massive Construct shimmered like the nearby Lucentials.

The Dragon God slept.

Fanzer crept.

The Dragon God stirred.

Fanzer froze.

Longshen turned its head, its eyes slowly creaking open.

His instincts as a Thief kicked in, his mana retreating into him. He completely disappeared, and more importantly, his presence was entirely gone.

[Fanzer has activated the skill: Thief's Veil.]

Despite all the troubles he'd faced since meeting (Y/n) and Ichigo, Fanzer still continued his goal to be the World's Greatest Thief. After facing Lycaon, he'd been constantly forced to think about how he'd grow as a Thief.

Lycaon, a Failed Construct barely touching the S-Rank, had sensed Fanzer's presence through his sense of smell. It taught Fanzer that what he was currently doing wouldn't be enough to progress as the Coin Thief.

He tried developing his skills, but now, under Longshen's gaze, Fanzer only had so much he could do.

Thief's Veil was his best attempt at developing his sneaking abilities.

Longshen's eyes fluttered, instantly locking onto the space where Fanzer was standing.

Sweat slowly ran down Fanzer's face, but he didn't flinch, his heart racing in his chest.

Longshen squinted at the spot before settling, closing its eyes again.

Thief's Veil worked! But...

[The skill, Thief's Veil, will fade in 30 seconds.]

Fanzer could feel deep within himself that he didn't have long to stay concealed. A clock ticked away in his head, a trait he was glad he added into the skill. As his mana was expended to cloak and hide his presence, he began fervently tiptoeing away.