Sovereign [45]

Fanzer and Ichigo blinked for a second before barraging Sung with questions. While they did, Jill started playing with Tempest, rolling around without a care in the world. Igris kneeled at (Y/n)'s feet, listening to the trio's conversation intently.

"Who was that?"

"Who's Julie?"

"Is she our enemy or our friend?"

Their questions went on and on, but (Y/n) was silent. He just stared at the spot where Julie disappeared from.

"I... don't know. Julie was a friend, my only friend for a long time. But when I experienced my Dual-Awakening, she just... disappeared. I thought she'd passed away, but then Pandora appeared, and well, here we are," (Y/n) shrugged, sounding unsure of himself.

"And she killed you in your struggle?" Fanzer asked, causing (Y/n) to nervously laugh. "Doesn't sound very friendly to me."

Ichigo nodded, "Yeah, that sounds like dried up potato salad to me."

(Y/n) stared at Ichigo, eyes bewildered. "I... yeah, if that means its bad news, then I agree. Pandora said she was originally known as Pestilence—"

Fanzer sputtered, "Like the fucking Horseman of the Apocalypse?!"

"—before she met Julie, then decided to call herself Pandora. I think she was like a parasite or something...? Julie was still there, somewhere, but it seems like they share the body for some sort of mutual benefit. That may be the price of Julie surviving the Dual Dungeon."

Fanzer's head fell into his hands. "The Horsemen of the Apocalypse? Man, I didn't sign up for this...."

(Y/n) shook his head, "Enough about my situation though, what about you two? You're both clearly stronger than when I last saw you."

Ichigo's hand shot into the air, her eyes sparkling. "My Soul Attribute evolved, and it was super cool! And I got to taste some new food made from Kali's attacks, so that was even cooler!"

Fanzer nodded sagely, "I did the same. Well, I didn't taste any food, but killing Longshen was a fight I'd rather not remember anytime soon."

Ichigo's eyes shimmered at Fanzer's words. "You killed Longshen, all on your own?! Awesome!"

(Y/n) agreed, nodding. "That is impressive, glad you made it out. I just unlocked my Soul Attribute too."

Fanzer's grin rose, "Is that why your mana just stepped out of creepiness and into straight evil-ity?"

(Y/n) blinked, staring at Fanzer. "Evility? That's not even a word. If you're gonna try, you should at least actually try."

As Fanzer huffed and opened his mouth, Ichigo scratched the side of her head, "Well, you definitely aren't the same as before! Before, you were like the stench of moldy cheese, now it's like... you're purer than before."

(Y/n) hummed softly, "I think properly unlocking my Soul Attribute cleansed me of any Mana of Life, so maybe it was the extremely skewed ratio that made me seem creepy. Well, I'll take seeming evil over seeming creepy any day."

Fanzer shook his head, giving up on his goal to insult (Y/n), "Where's Yogumunt? When you got here, was it just Pandora here?"

(Y/n) shook his head, "Yogumunt was oringinally with her, but she sent him away to fight with me alone. I'm pretty sure she was just training me though. Intense training, but I grew a lot, so I can't complain."

Fanzer stared, "You died, right? And yet you're just calling it intense training? Maybe you're just a huge masochist, sheesh."

(Y/n) opened his mouth then decided to close it. After a minute, he responded, looking into the air. "Well, if you were seeing what I'm seeing, you'd understand what I'm talking about."