Advancement [15]

Despite Ichigo's clear competence, (Y/n) proceeded with his plans, sensing that Lycaon was down for a moment, but not entirely out. He even sent Tempest to assist Ichigo, although he admittedly wasn't sure what the horned wolf could do against a monster like Lycaon.

(Y/n) summoned The Ripper from his Inventory, setting it on the ground next to Jack. He could tell Fanzer was curious as to what he was doing, but he didn't react to the Thief. He held Legacy over both short swords, unsure of how Legacy's first ability would be activated.

He didn't really want to get rid of his newest weapons, not only because of the usefulness of a short swords' range when compared to a dagger's range but also because he enjoyed using short swords far more than he thought he would've. Despite his grievances, (Y/n) knew that all the fun in the world would amount to nothing if he was dead, so he was more than willing to sacrifice two weapons for not only his safety, but Fanzer's and Ichigo's as well.

After a moment, filled with distant sounds of Ichigo's and Lycaon's brawl, a notification appeared.

[Would you like to sacrifice Jack and The Ripper to Legacy?]
[Yes/No]

With a bit of hesitation, (Y/n) pulled Legacy to where the yes button was and tapped it. Energy suddenly swelled around Legacy before enveloping the two weapons. Legacy's black energy soon faded, leaving Legacy looking a bit different than before.

The dagger was no larger the small sharp-edged beauty that Julie gave him, but rather, a black shortsword. The weapon could only be classified as pure darkness, reflecting very little light and leaving a cold presence around itself. Upon closer investigation, (Y/n) noticed that it was sucking in nearby mana, heat, and even light. That seemed to be making the blade stronger as time passed, even if it was in very small increments.

(Y/n) picked up the black shortsword and looked it all over, pulling up its equipment screen.

[Legacy (Shortsword Form)]
[Rank: ???]
A dagger Julie bought from a mysterious seller. All its abilities have been unlocked by its current user.
Attack Power: +125 (+50%) (+???)
Ability 1: Can absorb the abilities of other weapons. Chances of failure 90%.
Ability 2: Void Slash (Proficiency: 50%)
Ability 3: Can transform between a shortsword and dagger, changing its speed and power to fit the change.

After spending a half-second to absorb the information before him, (Y/n) silently noted that Jack's ability to momentarily give him additional Dexterity was completely lost in the transaction. He also noted that Legacy now had an "attack power" stat, which only showed up as a combination of Jack and The Ripper's individual attack powers.

With a new weapon in hand, (Y/n) turned towards Fanzer, informing him of a new plan. He didn't care about being discreet since the boss was so far away, but he did want to inform Fanzer of his idea, so that Fanzer may be able to help it rather than hurt it.

"Damn, you're one crazy guy. But fine, I'll go along with your plan," Fanzer agreed, sighing dramatically as he shook his head from side to side. He flicked his hand and one of his many cards appeared within it. "Card 14."

A simplistic item appeared within Fanzer's hand, causing (Y/n) to softly nod.

"Okay, so I need you to―" A loud howl silenced (Y/n), and before he could react to it, Ichigo let out a scream of clear frustration. "We don't have time, come on!"

(Y/n) ran towards the forested area where Ichigo and Lycaon were tussling, but as he moved, he observed his surrounding as much as he could.

Igris was behind him, right in front of Fanzer. Tempest was with Ichigo, assisting her. His other soldiers were approaching from all angles, on his orders. He hoped to overwhelm the boss and take it out easily, but a small voice in his head told him that would be too much to expect.