Sister [57]

After quickly showing Fanzer and Ichigo into the employee's lounge — which was far more spacious than (Y/n) thought it would be — and giving them Yama, and basically every Named Shadow he could spare, (Y/n) left.

He walked down the first hallway to his right, took a left, another right, spun around for thirty seconds, then took another left, and stood there for a moment. He glanced around before closing his eyes.

Like a normal person, he couldn't see with closed eyes. That made sense, in all reality. However, he knew there'd be a weakness there. Blindness was something he'd rather avoid, if at all possible. With the impending threat of many enemies — some known, some unknown — on the horizon, he wanted himself to be as prepared as humanly possible.

So, with closed eyes and a vague sense of where he was, four Shadows moved out from underneath him. Ordering them silently to survey the area, (Y/n) began Sensory Sharing.

The sensation was not a comfortable one. Four different locations all came into view, and it felt like he was intensely crossing his eyes. However, all it took was focusing on one to make the others... not fade away but become less annoying.

His head also didn't feel the greatest. It wasn't a full-on meltdown or migraine, but the gentle beat of his heart was suddenly a very palpable feeling in his temples.

However, he did succeed in getting a decent idea of the Association's layout. It wasn't confusing originally, but he considered the trial a success. However, he didn't deactivate his skill, he simply opened his eyes and began doing his own thing.

Physically, he could only see from his own eyes, but mentally, he could still see through his Shadows. Furthermore, he was still aware of their locations, even without sharing their senses. As such, it wasn't too hard for him to piece the information together.

He walked through the hallways easily, noting the rooms and what they were for. It was mostly useless information, like offices that were pitch-black or storage closets that were a step too messy.

It helped that his Shadows could see in the dark. He wasn't quite sure why they could, but it was a feature of their senses that he didn't hate in the slightest.

Just to test it out, he even closed his eyes while he was walking, a Shadow directly under his feet remaining as his eyes. And shockingly enough, it was possible for him to still move around somewhat efficiently.

The third Shadow that was moving around stumbled upon (Y/n)'s target first.

Walking away from Jino's room, was a white-haired S-Rank Hunter.

(Y/n)'s breath nearly caught in his throat, halfway expecting the Hunter to notice his loyal ally. However, the Hunter was silent, walking with his hands in his pockets. (Y/n) was curious, and his Summon circled around Alnair, allowing him to see the man's face.

It was nothing crazy, but it was definitely him.

(Y/n) noted a few things.

One, even when sharing his Shadow's senses, he could see the name and title above people's heads. He didn't know if it was a result of sharing his soul with his Summons or because it was him looking through the Summon, but either way, the result was useful.

Two, Umbra Observation was still accessible through his Shadow's Senses. With that, his first reaction was to use his skill on Alnair.

Three, Umbra Observation didn't work on Alnair. It was an annoying discovery, but not an unexpected one. After all, beforehand Umbra Observe didn't work on the S-Rank. (Y/n) didn't quite know why it didn't work, since it was successful on Goto, Cha, and Yogumunt. The former was the type to protect himself, but after (Y/n)'s growth, even that wasn't enough to stop his skill.