Chapter 69

Every time you bleed for reaching greatness...

~•~ Chapter 69 ~•~

The helicopter arrived quickly, rising wind and dust as it landed in the middle of the back yard. I couldn't pick which feeling overwhelmed me the most in that moment while I stared at our escorts. I stood still, my gun still in my hand, my hair flying all over my face, my heart steady. The main rotor blades slowed down, the wind calming down.

A group of soldiers jumped out, holding guns as they ran to us. I immediately recognized Luke, who gave us a worried look as he took in our state with his green deep eyes. As they neared us, Joffrey kept yelling at them to shoot us. Three soldiers came at us, four aimed at the field in case any zombie breaks through and the others prepared their guns by the helicopter.

"Take him inside and tie his mouth. He'll talk once we get to Leo." Harry demands at the three soldiers, who all nodded and took Joffrey in their hands before forcefully pushing him towards the helicopter.

"I can not believe you're alive, but I'm so glad you are." Luke admitted, looking at us in disbelief. He walked slower towards us, as if hesitant to make any sudden move.

None of us replied, since it's a very touchy traumatizing subject, but Thomas did pat Luke's shoulder once when he walked past him. I gave Luke a sad smile before following Thomas to the helicopter. The rest of the soldiers ran towards Harry, who instructed and informed them about Liam and Niall. Zayn went back inside the lab to get everything that we need to give to Leo.

"I can't believe he didn't care to come." I muttered, so only Thomas could hear what I said and not the pilot and his helper.

"Who?"

"Leo." I huffed, taking a seat next to him and buckling myself up.

"He probably wasn't prepared. I'm sure he's shitting himself right now though." he mumbled, running a hand through his hair, his eyes dropping. "I'm so exhausted."

"Me too."

About thirty minutes later, Harry, Zayn, Luke and the rest of the soldiers joined us in the helicopter and we were off. Another helicopter was on the way to get Niall, Liam, Loki, the two doctors and the two guards that helped us. We didn't have any information about Liam or Niall's health, we just knew they would arrive a little later.

Harry took a seat next to me, slouching down like he could barely keep himself to his feet anymore. He had his gun on his lap, his hand reaching out to find mine. I entwined or fingers, eyeing his face closely. His hair had grown, but it still isn't as long as it used to be. A subtle had started to show, bags were digging into his skin under his eyes and the dirt and injuries were covering up most part of his face, but he still looked handsome to me. I, on the other hand, believe I look like a homeless woman.

One glance over the window showed me the big group of zombies running down the clearing as we flew above them, obviously the sound the blades made attracting them. Everyone was quiet, the soldiers were staring at us intently, curiously, chatting lowly among themselves. The four of us were silent, zoned out in our own thoughts. Thomas was snorting beside me, annoying me slightly, but I didn't mind slapping him. I know how tired he is. A few minutes later I eventually fell asleep, my head resting on Harry's shoulder.

I am woken up a few hours later by Harry, who calmly told me we arrived and there is a truck waiting for us to be taken back home. My heart jumped at that. I unbuckled myself and jumped out of the helicopter, the strong cold wind attacking my body. I swallowed thickly when I saw Leo standing a few meters away, his brown eyes wide with shock and enthusiasm that we were back, just like every other soldier that stared at us as if we were brought back from the dead.