Chapter 67

Before it all starts they suffer through harm just to touch a dream...

~•~ Chapter 67 ~•~

“Leo told me you would come, you did take your time, a whole week to get here,” dr.Joffrey chuckled, opening his hands. “You probably got lost in the woods, maybe my map wasn't very helpful.” he frowned slightly in thought.

What?

A week?

“We are the fourth group Leo sent.” Harry informed lowly, still warily staring at the zombies around us.

Dr.Joffrey looked at us puzzled, hands digging into his pockets. “Excuse me?”

“Dr.Joffrey do you know what is going on outside?” Zayn stepped forward, making Joffrey’s eyes widen as he took in Zayn’s busted, bruised face.

“Of course, I do, but oh my - you might need to check on those injuries, son.” he said smoothly before walking up the stairs. “Come on, follow me, I'll take care of you.” he suggested, moving his hand.

“We are not here for medical help. We came here to deliver the cure safely to the main tower.” Harry cut it short, voice authorative.

Joffrey glanced at us with a mischievous smile. “I know.” he said before he kept climbing up the stairs. “Come on upstairs!” he called happily.

“Uh...what about them?” Thomas asked nervously, gazing around at the zombies that kept creepily staring at us but not batting an eye.

“They are not dangerous!” at this point we couldn't see Joffrey but his voice was still loud enough to reach us from upstairs.

“I think he's right, if they wanted to, they would've lunged at us already.” I muttered in a hushed tone, gazing over Harry's shoulder at the one zombie that had a dislocated jaw.

“But why?” Thomas pressed, his voice growing pinched. “Why aren't they attacking us? What is going on?!” he whisper - yelled, giving us a weird look.

“I have no idea. Just, keep your guns ready.” Harry said lowly before he started walking bravely towards the stairs.

I stood frozen for a few seconds, watching as the zombies all slowly turned towards Harry’s direction, watching him but not doing anything. How is that even possible? Are they hypnotized or something? Zayn looked back at us with an uncertain expression before he slowly followed Harry, holding his knife firmly in his hand. Thomas’ eyes found mine and he pressed his lips in a tight line before he reached out and grabbed my hand. I nodded and walked side bt side with him through the crowd of zombies, holding my breath the entire time as my heart pounded wildly against my chest.

This is so wrong.

How are they so perfectly still and calm? They're fucking zombies. They should lunge at us and try to bite us, they should act like wild animals haunting to death. But they just stood there... lifelessly staring at us with no ounce of thirst or hate at all.

Climbing up the stairs, I looked down at the zombies that kept staring up at us. This is impossible yet true. Completely confused and shocked, I reached the top floor and dropped Thomas’ hand before Harry could notice and get all upset about it. Dr.Joffrey was behind his white desk, folding some papers. A big screen was covering the whole wall next to him and many computers on desks and 3D tools were shown from their screens. A few medicines were inside the glass case on the other wall, along with a few empty pill bottles. A white fridge was on the other side, probably keeping some important liquids cold. A bright red couch was in the middle, across from the desk, along with two small white chairs on each side of the couch.