Chapter 53

I'll hold you when things go wrong...

~•~ Chapter 53 ~•~

Claire's POV

They were loud. Too loud. I couldn't bare hearing them any longer. I had my eyes squeezed tightly, my head leaning against the wall as I heard the others laugh and mock me and Zayn from the other room. I barely slept last night due to the fear of them bursting in and doing anything to us. Zayn was knocked out, lying on his side, giving in to his injuries. I couldn't move due to the pain. My body needed healing but I was running low on time.

Their footsteps grew louder and harder against the ground as they walked towards the room we were kept in. Panicked, I pulled my head away and turned around to look over at Zayn, who was now awake, but still sore and slow.

"They're coming." I said in a hushed tone, my insides twisting uncomfortably.

He nodded slowly before sitting up with a grunt, "Do what they say, when it's time, I'll give you the signal to attack." he muttered lowly, his face showing tension and worry. His skin looked darker today, his swollen eye slightly better though. My heart clenched at the sight once again.

"But what are we-," I stopped talking when we heard the lock twist before it was pushed open by Tony, a cocky smirk across his face. I noticed he was wearing one of Zayn's sweaters, which only pissed me off.

"Ah, great, you're already awake." he greeted happily, clasping his hands together. I swallowed thickly in nervousness as another guy appeared from behind Tony, who I couldn't recognize.

Neither of us replied, we just blankly stared back at him. He walked further inside the room, looking at us with suspicion and a fake smile on his lips. "Alright, let's go outside, it's finally fucking sunny!" he said excitedly before snapping his fingers. Two men walked in, one was the traitor Ed himself, who looked away from my eyes once I glared at him and the other one went to Zayn.

I scowled at Ed, feeling the anger of betrayal roam through my veins. He gave me a blank look as he circled me to stand behind me, his hands grabbing hold of my shoulders. Instantly, I flinched away, struggling to break free from his grip, but he only grabbed me harder.

"Let go of me!" I hissed just as Tony exited the room. I glanced over at Zayn who didn't fight the man who lifted him up to his feet, both of them looking normal and casual, as if this has happened already too many times.

"Shut up," Ed growled in my ear, sending shudders all over my body as he pushed me forward. "Don't make this harder." he added smoothly.

"Harder? You fucking gave me in! I trusted you!" I snapped, fighting in his grip. He sighed out of frustration, his hands clutching onto me roughly, making me whine in pain. "I fucking helped you!" I breathed out, trying to blink away the tears that formed in my eyes.

"Baby girl, I saved your life when I pulled you out of that river, so I don't owe you shit." he snapped bitterly into my ear as he pushed me towards the door. I cringed at the nickname he used for me.

"What are they going to do to me, Ed?" I asked, fear eating me alive, as I reluctantly walked through the dirty hallways of the cabin, heading towards the front door. I could see the back of the guy who lead Zayn through the hallways a few meters ahead and the open front door that showed the front porch.

"Nothing you haven't done before, babe." he replied coolly, his words only adding to my nervousness. "Try to enjoy it."

"You're going to let them rape me?" I whispered, my voice betraying me as I felt my heart sink into my abdomen. Hell no. I have to get away.