Chapter 1

~•~ Chapter 1 ~•~

Claire's POV

The sun was burning bright down on my skin as I collapsed down at the wooden chair at the front yard, sweat dripping all over my body after the exhausting work out program that Liam had planned for me. I panted hard, feeling my muscles sore from the pain as I squeezed the water bottle into my hands, gulping down most of it before I poured the rest all over my face to cool myself down.

It was unbelievably hot today, considering it was only 11:30 am and it was 27th August. Usually around this time it's quite chilly, but today we were both blessed and cursed with the rise of the temperature while we were working out.

"I...am so...done... " I breathed, placing the squeezed up bottle on the wooden table beside me before reaching for another one.

"You got hard on yourself this time," Niall told me, wiping the sweat from his face with his white towel. " But, it's worth it," he added, pulling the towel down. His entire tan body was covered in sweat and his white tank was stuck all over his abs, his dark blonde hair wet and curly. " At least you lost all those pounds Harry kept talking about." he joked, walking towards me.

I gasped, giving him a look, "He didn't." I narrowed my eyes at him, doubtful.

He laughed before unscrewing the lid of the water bottle, "Of course not, he knows he needs both legs. " He shrugged chuckling.

I laughed, laying back on my seat. "Good, he knows better." I smiled, looking ahead at the amazing view.

After all these months of living in this island, that Leo found out and called New Atlantis, I still hadn't got used to the view. The water was so green and clear and even the forest held many rich trees and flowers that made this place look like paradise. Leo has been the best officer so far, he always upgrades and takes care of everything and never lets anyone wait too long for something they need. We didn't have to work to pay anything. He were given free food supplies, electricity, houses and vehicles. Leo knew that the word 'job' wouldn't be appreciated by anyone, since everyone has been through so much, that they couldn't get back to work.

Since Harry was finally in good state and allowed to come back home, I could finally fully enjoy my stay here. Our amazing and modern house was the best reward for everything we've been through and I can not be thankful enough for having Harry safe and sound by my side, as long as the rest of the boys. The army groups have the houses on one side of the beach all next to each other, seeing straight forward to the beach. Our front yard was perfectly taken cared of by me, as I spent a lot of time gardening a few colorful flowers to decorate the clean silk grass.

Not much have changed, but our life is obviously much easier now that we can fully rest and sleep without the fear of having midnight calls for fights or raids out of nowhere. I could tell the boys enjoyed this life way more than anyone else, since they have finally all this pressure off their shoulders.

Especially Harry. I've never seen Harry this chill like the past 4 months or so. At the beginning, he was very stiff and closed up. He couldn't fully comprehend that we were done. We were not an army group anymore. We didn't have to sleep with guns by our nightstand. We didn't have to go on raids to save anyone. We could only wake up, enjoy life and rest.

He has grown even more handsome now. He has gotten a lot of tan, his hair grew longer and his body got even more muscular than before. I seem to fall in love with him more and more everyday.

As a previous army leader, he is still very serious and strict about some specific things though. He told us he needs one last favor from us and that was to not stop training and working out in case anything happens and we ever have to protect ourselves. We should always be ready for anything, he said and we all did as we were told.