Chapter 44

We're just strangers...

~•~ Chapter 44 ~•~

Next morning I felt incredibly heavy and sore. I had one of those deep, relaxing, long lasting sleeps that when I eventually wake up I feel like I need to sleep again in order to feel better. It's an odd feeling, but I actually felt like I needed more time to rest. My head was throbbing painfully as I shifted into a sitting position, my body stiff and sticky from all the dirt and blood that had dried on me. Pushing the covers away, I reached for the cloth that had dried on my knee and pulled it away, revealing my injury that had almost completely healed, only leaving a few marks and torn skin around.

I peered through my lashes at the gap of the tent, seeing a knocked out Ed sleeping against the tree with his arms loosely crossed over his chest, his head to the side. He was shirtless, with one of my towels wrapped over his shoulders, his ankles crossed. I suddenly felt an odd feeling inside of me at the sight of him like that. If he slept shirtless after he dived in the water, he could easily catch a cold and turn into a zombie in a matter of time. I pulled my lips into my mouth in annoyance at the fact that he took one of my towels without asking, but I decided not to make a big deal out of it.

The fact that he decided to sleep outside only made me feel relieved. He respected me enough to let me be in peace without bothering my privacy. I felt slightly bad for not inviting him in the tent, but it's Ed after all, so I shouldn't feel bad at anything that has to do with him. He was always a prick to me, so I still couldn't fully turn my good side on him.

Deciding that this was my opportunity to wash myself, I swiftly and quietly rose from the ground. Grabbing my bag, I walked out of the tent, stepping over Ed’s legs and heading towards the river. I looked around, searching for a more secretive place to dive in so in case Ed wakes up, he wouldn't see me.

After walking a few meters down, I found a good spot where Ed couldn't see me, due to the tall bushes but I could see the tent through the trees. Dropping my bag on the ground, I started talking off my clothes. Unbuttoning my jeans, I felt like someone is watching me, but I know better. It's my anxiety playing games with me only because I don't want Ed to see me.

I slipped my jeans along with my panties down my ankles and stepped out of them before kicking off my shoes and taking off my socks. I threw my socks inside my empty shoes before taking a deep breath. The calming sound of the waves had my body feeling heavier and in need of a good relaxing bath.

I decided to leave my shirt on in case Ed suddenly makes an appearance. Sliding my strapless bra off and throwing it inside my bag, I searched for my shampoo. My sponge was nowhere to be seen, which only pissed me off, but I didn't pay much attention to it.

My toes touched the cold water, goose bumps arising all over me. I walked further into the water until it reached my chest and leaned backwards, wetting my hair. I closed my eyes, enjoying the refreshing feeling of the water on my skin as I let my body float on the surface. My shirt was stuck all over my torso and mid thighs, my hair moving around my head along with the water.

I felt calm and relaxed. My wounds felt better, along with my knee as the soreness finally started drifting away. I opened my eyes, staring up at the crystal clear blue sky. My heart sank with hope that maybe today, I will get to find Harry. I don't want to waste the whole day searching just to end up alone with Ed. I wish I will get to find at least Zayn or Louis, so I could feel a little better. God knows what has happened to them...

I didn't take too long to wash my hair and rinse it before I used my shampoo to wash my body as well. I didn't have any shower gel with me because it fell off my bag, so I had no other choice. Once I was clean, I walked out of the water, dripping from head to toe. Just as I reached for my towel, I heard a voice speak.