Chapter 17

If I'm gon’ die for you...

~•~ Chapter 17 ~•~

Ed and Cole went completely silent after being totally embarrassed by our truthful words as we walked into the forest. They had started to piss me off, because if you are so scared, why did you agree to go on this mission anyway? Life was never simple, how much an infected one.

My eyes had adjusted and I could finally see clearly without feeling any pain. The sun was still burning too harsh down on us, the sweat now on my back making me slightly disgusted. I wish I could change clothes but I have to wait till we reach the cabin first.

Once we were completely surrounded by the trees, my entire body felt much better at the shade and the cool breeze that kissed my skin. I wiped my sweater on my forehead and sighed deeply, wishing we could get to that cabin as fast as possible.

“Where to?” Liam asked, giving Cole a blank look.

Cole looked around before pointing, “Over there,” He murmured.

Liam nodded and we all followed Cole’s instructions. My eyes caught Ed fidgeting with the end of his shirt and that's when I saw the fabric sticking up against something. Once I peered closer at it, I realized what it was. He only had his belt around his waist but not his gun.

My eyes flicked to his hands and that’s when I saw him holding it on his left hand, who held collided to his body so we couldn't make it out clearly. Huh. I don't like that he is trying to hide the gun from our sight but now that I know, he better not try anything or I'll blow his head off with no regrets. I know he doesn't like Harry one bit, so I'm not risking it.

“It will take us a little longer to get there,” Cole stated. He was calm, unlike his brother who was glaring everything and everyone.

“As long as we get there,  who cares.” Zayn said carelessly.

Harry turned to look at each one of us every now and then. He kept glaring at Ed and throwing me a concerned look whenever he saw me. I am fine now though and I should thank Liam for helping me with that.

Thomas scooted closer to me, his face plastered with doubts. “I have a bad feeling.” he told me lowly, looking ahead.

“Why?”

“I don't know, I just feel like.. like we're being watched or something.” he shrugged, frowning lightly.

“Huh?” I looked around but I saw nothing suspicious. Just trees, flowers, birds flying and a few clouds. “Maybe you're just too stressed.” I  said.

He scrunched his brows, “Maybe.”

“If you could just stop holding me that tightly,” Niall grumbled, frustrated.

Zayn huffed, “Just holding you in place, man.” he said lightly.

“You can loosen up your grip, I'm not going anywhere you ain't going since I can't see shit!” he spat and Ashton turned to give me and Thomas a weird look.

“Jesus, fine, calm down.” Zayn shook his head.

“You’re not the blind one here.” Niall mumbled and I heard the sadness in his voice, which actually had my heart clenching. I feel so bad for him.

Like imagine out of nowhere, losing your sight. One minute you can see everything. The sun, the sky, the trees, the flowers, the bees,  the water glistening, your legs and arms and then you see nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's heartbreaking. That's why I should never take anything for granted. Because I could've been in his position and I am beyond thankful I am not.