Chapter 49

In the end...it doesn't even matter..

~•~ Chapter 49 ~•

Claire's POV

I was taken into one of their trucks, the engine roaring way too loudly than necessary, my body jerking as the tires bumped into ditches. I blinked rapidly, taking in my surroundings with a blurry vision, a deep frown etched onto my face. I was sat at the back space of the truck, my wrists sore from the tight knot of a rope around them behind my back. Next to me, was a muscular body bumping onto my shoulder with each uneven road.

I turned my head, seeing Ed passed out beside me, his head tilted to the side, his eyes closed, lips parted. He had his own hands tied up behind his back. The back of the truck was dark but the silvery shine of the moonlight coming through the small square window helped me see through. I looked on my left, seeing the black window with holes separating us from the driver and passenger seats. Two men were sitting there, chatting.

“Boss is going to love it when he sees the chick.” the one in the passenger seat said laughing, making my stomach crawl with disgust.

“Yeah,” the driver snickered, “I'll just wait for my turn.” He said cockily.

“Nah, she's not my type.”

What the fuck.

“It's been a while since you got laid, man,” the driver reminded mockingly.

“Yeah, you're right, I'll just fuck her from behind so I don't have to see her face.” they both laughed at that.

What?

I have to escape this shit.

With panic and pure disgust flooding through me, I looked around frantically, searching for a gun or something. Our bags were across from us, thrown to the ground with some of my clothes fallen outside. I scowled in annoyance, the anger and anticipation growing strong within me.

Biting my lower lip in concentration, I tried to grip the back of my belt with my tied hands. The rope bit harshly onto my skin, making me flinch as I pulled my fingers down, reaching for my hidden knife. Ed suddenly snorted beside me, making me jump and give him a glare. He groaned before he slowly flickered his eyes open, confusion all over his tired face.

“Ed,” I whispered, making him turn and look at me with a frown.

“What the...what happened..” he murmured with a raspy voice, slowly turning his head and looking around.

“We're kidnapped. We need to escape.” I answered in a hushed tone, making sure the other guys wouldn't hear me.

“Who are they?” he asked, furrowing his brows and glaring at the back of their heads.

“I don't know,” I huffed, my fingers finally wrapping around the blade that was hidden beneath my belt. “But I'm not planning to meet them.” I admitted as I twisted the knife in my fingers upwards and started cutting the rope with high difficulty.

Ed looked at me shifting and struggling, his expression turning from confused to angry. “Where the fuck-,“

“Shh!” I shushed him with a wide eyed glare. He looked away in annoyance before nodding in understanding.

“Right,” he muttered lowly, “Did you hear where they are taking us?” he asked me, looking outside the window.

“No.” I said flatly, managing to cut one lace of the rope, the knot around my wrists loosening. “Doesn't matter, we're not going there.” I added in determination.