Chapter 77

I'm all alone and I need you know...

~•~ Chapter 77 ~•~

Three months later.

Liam is still in a coma. We had no progress and the doctors are losing hope. Harry said we can make a decision about Liam's life, but we definitely won't. I don't have the heart to order the mechanic disconnection so Liam could pass peacefully away. I will not give up on him, not just yet. I know he will wake up, one day.

As I'm sitting next to him, holding his cold hand, all I can think of is how many times this man took care of my wounds. My greatest friend, my doctor, my protector. Liam was always the father of the group, the one with the most controlled temper, the one with the knowledge and wisdom. He is too mature for his age.

Seeing all these cords around him and the mask on his face had my heart crying for him. The tears kept rolling down my cheeks the entire time I watched his blank face. Ηe has lost a lot of weight due to the lack of exercise and movement and he looks sick. Rubbing circles on the back of his hand with my thumb, I couldn't help but pray for this man.

God, bring him back to us.

"I know you can make it." I whispered, my throat tightening up on me. "I know you will wake up and come to us. We won't give up on you."

The constant beeping of the cardiographic machine started to piss me off a while later. Liam looked peaceful, but lifeless and I couldn't bear losing another great friend. We have all been trying our best to ignore the dull ache of grief, but daily, it comes back to us.

The door opened and I turned my head to see Harry walk in, his long hair finally reaching the top of his shoulders after so long. His green eyes stood out under the bright light and the dimples carved into his cheeks when he smiled softly at me.

"Babe, it's time to go home." he said gently, holding the door open.

I nodded and looked back at Liam for a moment, taking in his innocent face. I squeezed his hand gently once before I let go of him. Walking towards Harry, I swiftly wiped the remaining tears in the corner of my eyes and followed him outside. His arm came over my shoulders, pulling me to his warm body, my own arm hugging his waist.

"What did doctor Finn say?" I asked as we walked towards the exit.

"They said we'll have the final results by noon. Zayn will get them since he'll come visit Liam around 4." He replied casually, opening the door for me.

"I'm so sick of these tests, I really hope this time we get to have a good result." I admitted exasperatedly.

My tests all came problematic. At this point, I can't understand what's wrong with me. Is it me, is it the tests, is it the computers, the machines, the timing. I don't know. I'm seriously lost and so tired of going to the hospital for check ups and tests. I just want it all to be over. It's been so long and still, I'm on the air, unaware of what is going on with me.

"I'm feeling a little blue," I admitted as I hopped shotgun in the car. "All those blood tests have me feeling like a cloud." I chuckled to myself while buckling my seat.

"We'll go home, I will cook lunch and after we eat, I will give you a great massage and you'll have a deep nap." he suggested, winking at me.

"That's why I love you." I leaned forward and kissed his cheek, earning a toothy grin from him.

"I love you more."

The day went by fast as Niall and I were busy cleaning and preparing the house for Thomas' birthday. We are expecting a lot of people tonight, people that I probably haven't even seen, but Niall said they are all acquaintances and friends from the army. A lot of girls were also on the guest list so I'm sure Niall, Zayn and Thomas are going to have great time.