Chapter 35

Cause I'm on fire...

~•~ Chapter 35 ~•~

I could hardly move my legs, the dusty air making it hard for me to breathe as I gasped for air, while lying down in the middle of a chaos. I could taste my own blood on my lips. I blinked, my eyes heavy, my vision blurry due to the amount of dust and dirt that had errupted after the multiple explosions around the house. Bright red and orange colors were all around me, with black shadows painted through. My ears buzzed but  could hear faint guns going off.

The first thing I saw was a broken table lying beneath me before I looked around me. My heart tugged with fear and sadness when I took everything in. Fire, blood, destuction. I coughed as the smoke burned throat and nose before attempting to stand up. I groaned in pain when I felt a heavy weight on my legs, stopping me from moving.

I turned my head, seeing a piece of wall that got destroyed stretched over the back of my legs. As I tried to move them, strong pain jolted through my knee, making me hiss and clench my jaw tightly, my eyes squeezing shut.

“Claire!” A panicked faint voice reached my buzzed ears, making my eyes snap open and look in front of me. Liam kneeled down beside me, eyeing me with wild eyes, his brow and jaw injuries bleeding.

“Help.” I mumbled, feeling my throat hoarse and dry.

Liam looked over at my legs before he moved swiftly towards them.  “I got you.” he said with a grunt before he grabbed the piece of wall and pulled it upwards, his face grimacing as he used all his strength to lift it. I noticed the veins on his neck and his biceps flexing, the wall slowly coming off my legs.

I let a small cry as I moved my legs, my knee hurting me terribly. Just as the wall was lifted, I swiftly rolled over my sides and back to the side, bumping against a lying wardrobe beside me. Liam dropped loudly the wall with a thud, panting as he looked up at me.

I coughed, turning on my back to check out my knee. I winced when I felt the wound stinging, blood staining all over my leg. Liam looked at the injury and pursed his lips tightly in concern. I fought the urge to cry due to the pain that numbed most of my leg. Loud faint yells made me snap my head to the side, seeing Thomas, Zayn and Harry shooting down the running zombies through the broken walls, Niall sitting down against the wall with his hands covering his head from the loud gunshots. Thank God they're fine.

Harry stopped shooting for a moment, gazing around before his concerned eyes landed on me and Liam. My heart skipped beats at the sight of him standing there, with flames all around us and blood running down his elbows and collar bone. I could see the relief washing through him before he refocused on shooting.

“I'm so done of stitching you up, girl.” Liam whined, spreading his arm out for me to grab his hand. Entwining our hands, he pulled me to my feet before wrapping an arm over my waist, holding me stable. I flinched as my knee hurt but I tried to ignore it. “Can you step on it?” he asked loud enough for me to hear him through the gunshots and screams.

I nodded, “Yes,” I reached for my gun, only to find that it was missing from my case. Panic flooded through me as I looked around the destroyed house, “I lost my gun - where's my gun?!” I asked, my eyes widening.

“Fuck the gun, you got two more in the bag, use your katana for now.” He replied tightly as he held onto me for support, both of us walking slowly over the rocks and destroyed furniture on the floor.

“Where's Louis?!” I heard Harry yell at Zayn and Thomas, my eyes instantly drifting towards them.

Zayn swung around, running a stressful hand through his hair as his eyes searched for Louis. “I don't know!” he replied, face covered with worry. “I'll go search for him!” he turned around and walked further inside, reaching behind his back to put his crossbow in place.