Chapter 4

~•~ Chapter 4 ~•~

After the meeting, we all headed to the boys’ house, all of us deep in thought and stressed. Ι seriously hadn't really wrapped my mind around what was going to happen. We were back on mission and I felt like everything was a lie. Harry and Niall have been the quiet ones after the meeting, both too deep in thought and confusion to share their opinions with us. I didn't want to push Harry to talk to me because I know he is worried and heavily stressed about the mission.

Zayn and Louis were cool, joking, laughing but not too happy or excited. I guess they wanted to break the tension between everyone but they didn't manage. Liam, Thomas and I were puzzled, almost drained you could tell. We didn't know what to say or what to think.

Thomas had walked away from the kitchen, head lowered. I knew he was devastated and I couldn't leave him like that. I stood up from my stool, leaving the boys and trailing after Thomas in the hallways. I caught Harry looking at me on my way out but he didn't call me.

I grabbed Thomas’ arm lightly, stopping him and gaining his attention. He raised his brows at me, brown eyes worried. “Are you okay?” I asked, frowning.

“How am I going to tell Erika?” his words had my heart clench with pain. I can tell Erika is going to go insane when she finds out we are going to a deathly mission.

“We don't have another choice.” I muttered, sadly.

“I know, but she is going to get hurt and I don't want to see her that way.” you can see the sadness all over his face as he says that.

“She has to accept it.”

He sighed, before rubbing his temples. “I really hate this.” he mumbled sheepishly. “I don't know when I'm going to be back, I don't even know if I will be back!” he claimed, upset now.

I bit my cheek, trying not to let the tears form in my eyes at his words. His doubts were reasonable but I hated it. I had the same thoughts after everything Leo told us, but hearing them out loud hurt more than when they were just running through my mind.

“We have been through worse - and we made it out alive.” I pointed out, trying to calm him down, even though these words didn't even calm myself down.

He looked at me with a cocked brow, “Zayn lost a finger and Niall and Harry almost died.” he reminded, making me stiffen. “ And we knew what our enemies were. Now we know nothing. We're just going to a death trap and we have no idea how to get out of there!” I'm really glad here decides to share his thoughts with me instead of hurting in silence.

“Zayn and Liam will fix the problem. We will stick together and we will be fine.” I assured, grabbing his shoulders. “Thomas, you know we can do this.” I looked him dead in the eye.

“I know. I just don't want Erika to get hurt if anything happens to me.” he muttered, frowning.

“She will understand.” I said coolly.

“You talk like you don't know Erika.”

“What about me?”

We both jumped and swung around, seeing Erika standing by the doorway, a bag hung over her shoulder. She  gave us a warm smile that I had to return while Thomas looked like he was about to pass out.

Her eyes landed on him, instantly switching to worried. “Babe, are you alright?” She asked, walking towards him.

“Yeah I just,” he swallowed, glancing at me awkwardly. Shit, he is going to lose it. “I have something important to talk to you about.” he said, pulling her into a hug.