Chapter 29

Stay by my side, you can only make me feel alright...

~•~ Chapter 29 ~•~

The light and calm mood was undeniable as we all sat around the bonfire, eating our perfectly cooked potato soup peacefully. I was sat between Harry and Niall, the medium sized black plastic bowl on my lap, it's warmth radiating off my thighs. Playful jokes and happy smiles were all around me, excluding Ed and Harry, who held their tight and serious posture. I looked around the place, taking in how beautiful the forest looked covered in snow and how nice it was to see all my friends healthy and fine. A small jolt of pain crashed against my chest as the memory of Ashton smiling flashed across my mind, I wish he was here with us.

"Right, Harry always said bad knock knock jokes." Louis laughed, pointing at Harry with his spoon.

I looked over at Harry to see his lips curl inwards into a small sarcastic smirk, "You're not in a position to judge bad jokes, Louis." he stated coolly, making Niall laugh.

Louis scoffed, "I have always been the funny one of the group." he announced proudly before showing a spoonful of soup in his mouth.

"I have to agree with that." Liam shrugged lazily, his tone bored as if he was told to say so.

"Yeah, you have." Louis narrowed his eyes at him.

"So, captain," Zayn started, placing the plastic bowl beside him on the ground. "What's the plan?" he asked curiously, wrapping his arms around his bent knees lazily.

Harry inhaled through his nose, a few deep thoughts swimming in his eyes. "We gotta have to keep moving forward. If we found zombies back there, we will definitely find more ahead. The closer we get to the lab, the more zombies we will face. I don't think there's any soldier left alive." He clarified in a tight voice.

"This place is full of dangers," Ed spoke up, keeping his eyes fixated on the fire, the flames illuminating against his green eyes. "We told you from the beginning, this place isn't normal. Not any part of it, is normal." He drifted his eyes up to meet Harry's cold ones.

"Ed, you've been always talking shit but you never explain anything to us." Louis snapped, rolling his eyes.

Ed sent him a frustrated scowl. "You think I know what's going on here? You think I know every possible threat in this place?" he seethed bitterly.

Louis' blue eyes hardened. "I think you know a lot of stuff and you're not telling us on purpose." He spat angrily.

"But we don't know anything," Cole defended shyly, looking worried. I cocked a brow, not believing his words.

"I'm seriously so done hearing you bitching about stuff like these." Zayn brawled, a bored expression plastered across his face.

"Yeah, me too," Niall said with a mouthful of food.

"Can we please have a peaceful lunch?" Liam gave us a stern look, his eyebrows raised, bowl in his hands. He looked very tired and stressed and I can tell why. He has the responsibility to take care of each one of us if we get harmed and it's been nerve-cracking so far, so I can see why he's been so mentally tilted.

Then again, which one of us isn't?

Harry cleared his throat, regaining everyone's attention. "We've been doing good... well kind of," he made a face, "But I do not allow any more usage of bombs. You hear me Louis?" he averted his gaze straight to Louis, who nodded with dissatisfaction clear on his features.

"Yeah, whatever." he moved his hand dismissively.

"Our guns are strong enough to deal with every kind of situation. I will demand for bombs when I have to. Until then, forget those bombs are even in your bags." Harry stated strictly, looking between us firmly. He then let a small sigh and ran a hand through his uneven curls, "I don't know where we are or how far the lab is, we'll have to find signal and speak to Leo. He will help us."