Chapter 40

It's too late for me to stop now...

~•~ Chapter 40 ~•~

“We're all ears, boss.” Louis announced in a cocky tone, throwing his head back as the sun shined down his face.

“I think the fuck not.” Ed spat aggressively, sending a cold look towards Louis. “What the fuck does Leo know about this place?” he asked, eyes roaming between us questioningly.

“Ed, I understand your anger but you need to stay calm and listen to me. We have the map, we know what is ahead of you and we have to prepare you-,“

“Stay calm? Stay calm?!” he raised his voice as he leaned closer to Thomas’ bracelet, totally vexed and irritated now. “I almost died out here more than 5 times you prick!” my eyes widened at the way he called Leo, Harry instantly stiffing beside me for the same reason. “You sent us here with little knowledge and most of us are dead now! so don't tell me to stay fucking calm because I probably won't be alive tomorrow!” he yelled, throwing his hands in the air exasperatedly.

“Ed, not now.” Cole said firmly, giving him a stern look as he held his hands out, gesturing Ed to calm down.

“No, I'm done with this shit,” Ed snapped harshly, glaring at his brother. “You need to wake the fuck up! All of you!” he shouted, directing his glare to all of us.

“Hey! Watch how you speak!” Louis scolded, standing up threatingly. He has had enough with Ed. Harry let go of me, swiftly stepping closer to Louis to stop anything that might turn this place into a  battle ring.

“Or what, you fucking asshole?” Ed challenged, copying Louis’ actions and pushing himself to his feet, veins showing off on his neck due to his anger. Cole immediately pulled Ed by the arm, trying to hold him in place.

“Stop fighting! You're only attracting zombies by yelling out loud!” Leo hissed in a patronizing tone, sounding pissed.

“You have always been a coward - get the fuck out of here if you don't like this!” Louis shouted, completely ignoring Leo's words, as he stepped closer to Ed. Harry brought himself in front of Louis, lightly holding him back by the shoulders, but Louis didn't even look at him, he just kept glaring daggers at Ed.

“Louis, calm down.” Harry said gruffly, staring past Louis shoulder expectingly.

“You're an asshole  - you never listen to me!” Ed retaliated, pointing at Louis with narrowed eyes. Cole pulled him back again, making Ed jerk his arm away harshly. “Get the fuck off me.” he snapped at his brother, who seemed slightly hurt but masked his expression instantly.

Thomas sat there in between, looking up at me completely lost and tired, coffee brown eyes asking quietly for help. I felt the same way too, as this scene of Louis and Ed bickering has started to grow old and boring. I looked over at Liam, who lied down and gave zero fucks about what's going on, while Niall held his head between his hands in desperation and irritation. Zayn stood on the edge of the hill with Loki sitting down beside him, just staring at us blankly, waiting for them to finish their stupid argument so we could move on.

“Guys shut the fuck up! Both of you!” Harry roared loudly, the sound of his angry voice being so extremely powerful having me bite my lip out of fear. Ed instantly jerked backwards at Harry's voice, while Louis lowered his head with a pissed expression crossing his features. “You are forgetting we're in the middle of a mission!” he added with a hiss, jade angry eyes flicking between Louis and Ed.

Silence fell over us again, only the faint sound of waves running and crashing against the rocks at the bottom of the waterfalls was heard. I sighed, my body pleading me for some rest. The sun had started to burn brightly upon us again, making the need of fresh water down my throat intensify.