Chapter 72

I'm not ever going back...

~•~ Chapter 72 ~•~

One week later.

It's been a week since Niall got his eye surgery and laser tests and we didn't get to see him once. The doctors wouldn't let him leave until he was perfectly ready to step into the light of the sun and have his eyes adjusting with the shadows and colors. My heart was pounding with excitement that today, we would finally see him and he would actually get to see us after all this time.

Leo had told us we were in that shield for 8 months and 12 days. I was absolutely shocked when I heard that. It seemed like we were in that zone for two weeks, tops, yet we have lost 8 and a half months in there. No scientist could explain the way time worked in that shield, neither could doctor Joffrey, who has been held in the main tower with strict security. He was so outraged we shut down the shield, that he stabbed one soldier in the neck with a pencil and threw a tall glass bottle of water on the head of another one, who eventually needed stitches. Leo keeps him locked in a room after that, aware that he is half a psycho.

In the past week, Harry has been busy at the main tower working with Leo and a few other specialists. I asked Harry to keep me away from anything related to the army because I am seriously so sick of talking about all the horrible stuff that we went through and he obviously never argued with me. However, doctor Pan has called 5 times the past days, asking me for an interview to finish his project. I refused that too.

Zayn has been avoiding me all week. We barely saw each other, but we did meet up on the street when I went to buy seeds and he went jogging down towards the beach. We exchanged a swift 'hey' and moved on. I did glance back at him as he jogged away, wishing I could just talk to him and take all the embarrassment out of my chest but it's so hard, and he doesn't seem to want to talk to me anymore. It hurts, it really does. We used to be so close but now it's like we're hardly acquaintances.

Thomas on the other hand, has been visiting a lot, trying to stay occupied and busy most of the time so he won't think of Erika. He has been helping me with my garden, which is something else that Erika destroyed. Ironic, really. He moved in to Zayn's, since the house is empty because Liam is in a coma, Niall was at the hospital and Louis...well he's never coming back.

I even bumped on Erika at the market. When she saw me, she was on the edge of crying, hugging me ever so tightly till my lungs hurt and telling me how much she missed me. I wasn't that excited to see her and I was being blatant and honest. Her face dropped when she saw that I wasn't beaming from ear to ear. When I asked her why she didn't keep her promise about taking care of my garden, her entire face flushed red out of embarrassment.

I spent so much time gardening, because each flower I planted, I thought of my lost loved ones. I never got to properly bury my parents, Kate, Chris, Ashton, but we did bury Louis. However, each flower was symbolizing hope and peace, all of them were meant to be dedicated to my loved ones, dead or alive.

And she ruined that.

She kept crying and telling me how sorry she is for not keeping her promise and how difficult it was to take care of Lux and Theo etc. I partly believed her, but I know for a fact that Lux's mother, Lou, is perfectly fine with having Theo at home while Niall was gone and Erika was only needed to babysit when Lou went out for shopping. I'm sure Erika didn't have to babysit every day all day. My posture across from her has completely switched after what he did to Thomas. She even asked me if he talks to me about her and I said no. She doesn't need to know that Thomas has been losing sleep over her, because he even told me he doesn't want her to know anything about him anymore.