Chapter 42

Cause when I'm not with you I'm weaker...

~•~ Chapter 42 ~•~

Harry's POV

I can actually feel the petrifying feeling crawl over me from head to toe as I gazed down at her body falling, throwing her arms and kicking her legs as her hair brushed all over her frightened face. She fell in the dark waters along with multiple rocks, my fear eating me alive. I blinked continuously with wide eyes, searching for her body between the waves, but she never appeared above.

My open palm curled into a tight fist of anger and disappointment as I let go of my self on the edge, my midriff hanging over. I panted loudly, my heart hammering ever so wildly against my ribs, my hair covering my face. I had just lost her. I had just lost my girl and there was nothing I could do about it. I need to get to her, she can't die like that, she doesn't deserve to die like that.

A faint voice barely reached my ears but I didn't move from my spot. My hot body had turned icy cold from the fear and shock, goosebumps traveling up on my skin as I tried to snap out of the state I was currently in. Despite not being in front of me anymore, I could still see her terrified eyes and hear her voice calling my name. Everything around me stopped as I zoned out completely.

My back was wet all of a sudden and heavy rain poured down at me but I didn't flinch. I wanted to fall over the edge and let myself get drowned in the same waters she fell. I can not believe I let my girl slip from my hands but no matter how much I stretched my body, I couldn't reach her, how much pull her up. My arms felt numb, just like my heart. I felt completely blank, a hole burning into my chest with guilt and depression.

I'm suddenly lifted harshly to my feet by two rough hands that pulled my arm. I snapped my teary eyes open, taking a few seconds to adjust in the madness around me before I met Liam's wild ones. He moved his mouth, probably yelling at me, but I couldn't hear anything due to the shock that had taken completely over me. I felt woozy, my head lowering as I couldn't hold it up and look at him in the eyes.

Suddenly, he slapped the side of my head, making me jerk and look at him with anger. All the loud noises crumbled upon me in a heartbeat, making me hiss and scrunch my face in pain and annoyance as I finally heard Liam's furious voice screaming at me.

"You need to move now! Get your shit together or you'll die!" he spat harshly as he started jogging back towards the lower hills.

"Claire...she.." I whispered breathless, my throat tightening on me as tears started to form in the back of my eyes.

"Harry I need you to run!" he shouted, glaring at me. It was the first time he was actually talking to me in such a harsh tone, which only fed my anger.

"I need to find her!" I yelled back at him as we started running, my legs finally teaming up with my brain and doing what they're supposed to. Rocks rolled around us as many more trees fell on top of the other in the distance.

"We'll find them - now run!"

I don't want to fucking run. I want to go back and jump off the cliff, swim all the way to the bottom of the river, just to search everywhere for her. With half a heart, I kept running alongside him, both of us breathing heavily due to the pressure and tiredness that had coursed us. My mind was a mess; no matter where I looked, all I could see was her pleading eyes. It haunted me to the core.