Chapter 68

Can you hear them screaming out your name?

~•~ Chapter 68 ~•~

“Look, we're only doing our job, Leo told us once we found you, we would safely escort you back to the main tower. But to do that, you have to shut the shield down so we could signal them.” Harry explained calmly, holding his hands out.

Joffrey shook his head stubbornly, sending more waves of frustration through me. “If Leo wants to see me, he can come by himself. I invited him to show everything - but the coward sent soldiers instead of coming.” He argued, chuckling at the end.

I noticed Zayn cocking his brow for a split second, mutely agreeing with Joffrey about how he called Leo.

“Dr.Joffrey - there is no need to make this harder.” Harry insisted, giving him a wary look. “We are trying to help you.” he added smartly.

“We have been through hell to get to you - we lost our friends to get to you.” I spoke up, making Joffrey’s brows furrow at my words. “We're all injured and Leo is waiting for all of us to return safely.”

He pursed his lips and sighed shortly, his blue eyes glancing over at the zombies behind us. “Believe me, I have no intention to harm you.” he stated, placing his free hand on his chest. “But you have to understand that I can not do what you ask me to do.”

“You can.” Zayn spat, his entire face plastered with strong anger. “And you'll do it.”

“Get down! All of you!” Joffrey shouted, making us jump. He pointed the remote towards the zombies and they all took one step closer to us, making me and Thomas aim at them with our guns. My heart picked up a pace as anxiety rolled over me.

“Do as he says.” Harry ordered, making me turn my head and give him a weird look.

“What?”

“Get down! Now!” Joffrey yelled, making Harry slowly get on his knees, Zayn copying him with an annoyed look on his face. I gave in, trusting Harry and not in a position to fight against all those zombies. I kneeled down between Harry and Thomas, all of us holding our guns above our heads. Zayn was on his knees too, staring at the crossbow that was lying on the floor in front of us and away from him, his caramel eyes making up a plan.

I heard the growls coming closer as the zombies stepped towards us. I shivered when I glanced over my shoulder and saw all those walking dead creatures standing right behind us threatingly. Thomas swallowed thickly beside me, sweating in his nervousness. Harry was calm, too calm, but still serious and vexed, his jaw tight.

“Drop your weapons.” Joffrey demanded sharply, giving us a pointy look.

Reluctantly, I lowered my hands to the ground and let go of my gun, still feeling secure though because I have my katana with me. Both Harry and Thomas do the same as I. Thomas gave me an odd ‘I don't feel good’ look that had me worried about him. I know he has a heart problem and all this tension and worry could lead him to a heart attack.

“Listen to us, Joffrey, Leo can't come here if this shield is surrounding you, we barely made it here alive, everything outside this lab is going to hell-,“

“If you made it, Leo can, too. He obviously won't come by himself! He will have at least 20 soldiers escorting him!” Joffrey snapped at Harry, who looked at him with an icy glare that had me feeling uncomfortable even though it wasn't directed to me.