Chapter 31

We know where it takes us we've been before...

~•~ Chapter 31 ~•~

“Uh, Claire, I wanted to talk to you earlier..” Thomas caught up on my pace, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly, gun loose on his grip.

“Thomas, its fine, really,” I said lightly, moving my hand. His eyes lit up in gratefulness. “I know you didn't mean to.” I added with a shrug.

“Thank God,” he sighed heavily, placing his free hand on his forehead. “I thought you might have been mad at me - I really wouldn't blame you if you did,” he rushed the words, making me laugh reluctantly. Louis turned to glance at me before continuing on his rambling, Harry listening to him closely.

“Jesus Thomas, why would I be, I'm alive, that's more important than a few stitches, right?” I looked up at him with raised brows.

He nodded, confused about my reaction, obviously expecting something worse than just understanding and acceptance of the situation. Yeah, they don't look horrible though. he commented, pointing at my face.

“That's what they told me, I hope I can still break hearts with my appearance.” I joked, making him let a small laugh.

“You spend too much time with Louis.” he beamed, nudging lightly my shoulder.

“Oh please,” I scoffed, “I was always confident and funny.” I claimed proudly.

Thomas made a face, “Yeah..no.” he shook his head, bringing a laughter from my chest. He joined me, our laughs gaining Louis and Harry's attention. They both turned to look at us, Louis amusedly while Harry expectingly.

“What's so funny?” Louis asked, excited to hear the joke so he could join our laughter.

“Your height.” Thomas replied, making Harry snort, me giggle and the rest of the boys, except Ed, laugh loudly. Niall's laugh was louder than anyone's, raising in volume by the second. My heart skipped a beat at the sound. I'm glad he gets to enjoy this raid despite the circumstances.

Louis scolded at Thomas, vexed, jaw clenched. “I'll shoot you in the balls.” He warned, making our laughter grow louder.

“Liam wipe my tears,” Niall said breathlessly, Liam cackling as he crossed Nialls cheek with his hand.

“You know I love you, right?” Thomas said smuggly, opening his arms for an embrace.

Louis looked at him intently before accepting the embrace and hugging loosely Thoma's body. I was about to say something cute until Louis nailed Thomas gut with his knee, making Thomas let a loud yelp and lean in with pain crossed across his features, his lips shaping an ‘O’. Everyone laughed, except Ed who impatiently waited for us to stop messing around.

“He hit him?” Niall asked, amused.

“In the gut.” Zayn laughed.

Niall burst out laughing, Liams face switching to surprised as Niall almost fell over and held him tighter. Thomas brought his hand on my shoulder for support, ducking down as he inhaled deeply. Harry gave Louis a stern look, fighting his own smile.

“I love you too,” Louis said finally smiling sarcastically at Thomas.

“Are you okay?” I asked Thomas, him nodding twice with his lips pursed.

“You need to chill the fuck down, he's injured.” Harry reminded seriously, brows pulled low over his eyes. “If those stitches open up you'll re do them.” He said firmly, pointing at Thoma's side.