Chapter 22

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Can I just… die?

“No,” Hunter whispered not so softly that made the others focus on us more. “Don’t think such things, Silver.” Ugh, stupid mind links. They’re not helpful in these kind of situations! “Yes, they are.”

“What was he thinking of, Hunter?” my father asked.

“Dying.”

My mother gasped. “Pumpkin!”

I groaned. What the hell, Hunter?

I saw Skylar rolling his eyes from the corner of mine. “Back to what I was saying, or do you not want to know more, yeah?” I just swayed my hand to motion him to continue and he sighed. “As I was saying, we sealed your wolf and warlock sides to avoid more conflicts. And that’s the reason why we didn’t mention anything to you until now, because it is part of the seal for it to not break.”

“But Stefan, a member of my pack who was with him before the incident happened, said that he didn’t bring up things about the possibilities of him not being human. So why did the seal break?” Hunter mused.

I was just… listening here, listening there. My head was being too clouded to understand a single thing. Though everything registered in my mind, it was as if my brains was processing them too slow for my own benefit. Brain! You have to work properly! I am your master! Listen to me, dammit!

“That’s exactly what we don’t get,” Skylar continued. “The very most likely possibility that happened was, Silver lost control of himself that made the seal a little bit weaker in return. Since it was casted upon his body, the seal is affected by whatever is happening to him.”

“Yes, I was indeed very angry that time that I just snapped and then… you know what happened next.” Apparently, Hunter already informed them of the incident while I was still asleep.

“So he can speak!”

I glared at him. “Knock it off, Skylar.” I held Hunter’s hand that was on my lap.

My brother smirked. “Would you tell us what made you so angry back then?”

“It’s none of your business.”

“It is!” our parents said in unison.

“Well… you see…” I cursed under my breath, once again looking down. And I could just imagine my face slowly turning red.

“He thought I was cheating,” Hunter continued for me, his tone teasing.