Chapter 13

Thousands of people flocked to the capital city of Dowe, the protesters were holding a plug cards written AJOJO MUST FALL. Stanley was shocked by the turn out of the people. The protesters were shouting aloud.

"Ajojo must fall!"

Bibo was near Stanley as they walk in the street. Everything in the city was on standstill, businesses were closed, government workers downed tools and joined the protest as the workers have not been paid in six months. International media was present as it was recording the protest.

State police came in they numbers as they attempt to block the protesters from reaching the parliament.

"Stand down, I repeat stand down!" A police officer said as holds , the mic.

The crowd jeered him.

"Listen, this is an illegal protest! We will arrest you if you don't stop this."

The crowd continue shouting. "Ajojo must fall!"

"This is a final warning! Stop this thing now."

"What do we want!" Stanley shouted.

"Freedom!" The protesters chanted.

"When do we want it!" Stanley shouted.

"Now!" The crowd replied as the continues to move towards the police officers holding baton sticks.

"Move back!" The police officer commands.

His command  fell in deaf ears as the protesters continue walking toward to the police.

The police officer signals to his men to get ready. The protesters move closer to the police. The police officer signals his men to attack. The police officers proceeded as the assault the protesters with the baton sticks, the protesters stood their ground as the fought back. The protesters throw stones at the police officers.

The officers retreat back as the retreat armed police came in as they shot at the protesters.

Stanley saw bodies fall.

"Stanley, come this way!" Bibo said as he run away.

Stanley followed Bibo as the armed police officers cornering  them. Some protesters flee for safety, some got shot as they ran.

A pile of bodies was left on the street as the police chase the protesters.

******************************

Vote😁

Comment 😁

Share😁