Chapter 5

Harry walked in his home, the house had expensive furniture, the interior design was elegant. Harry just returned from university, he was having a bad day as the thought of marrying Nadia was still bothering him. He was not happy about the thought of being married to Nadia.

A question was on his mind what will happen to his relationship with his boyfriend Tiro? He loved him and the thought of being without him was heartbreaking.

Harry walked in to the lounge and sank to the couch, he hated his father for placing him in such a position. Harry looks at the picture of his father hanging on the wall; he wished he could just destroy the picture. Harry received a text from Tiro who was worried about about him, since the day Harry was informed by his father that his marriage to Nadia is being finalized Harry started avoiding Tiro.

Harry heard the door opening, footsteps were approaching the lounge, his mother Clara entered the lounge with her chauffeur Aniko who's hold shopping bags in his hands. Clara just came back from her trip from Paris.

"Harry my boy,  mommy missed you so much." Clara said as she stands near Harry who look sad. "Give mommy a hug."

Harry stood up and hugged her mother.

"Aniko take my things to my room and don't steal my stuff in my room; I don't trust you. You poor people can steal." Clara ordered.

Aniko nodded, he left the lounge with the bags.

Harry sat down with her mother.

"Mother, you don't have to be like that to uncle Aniko, he a honourable man."

"Honourable? What's honourable about that poor thing? Enough about that loser. What have you been been up to while I was away." Clara asks as she looks intrigued.

"Nothing much just focusing on varsity. Then he..." Harry stops

"He what?" Clara ask.

"Then your husband is still going ahead with this thing of his of me marrying Nadia." Harry's voice is full of frustration.

"Wow, that's good news. Oh, I can't wait to have Nadia as my daughter in-law." Clara beams with excitement.

Harry was not sharing the same excitement. "Good? I don't want to marry Nadia."

"Nadia comes from a prominent family, imagine our family and her family being united as one. We'll be more powerful. This is what we need in the family."

"What about what I need huh? All you care about is power and money." Harry hissed.

"Boy, don't talk to me like I'm  your peers, show me some respect." Clara warned.

"Sorry mother, it just this whole thing is frustrating me. I don't see myself marrying Nadia. Firstly I don't love her, secondly I'm not into..." Harry stops as he feared telling his mother about being gay.

Clara looks at Harry with suspicion. "Not into what?" Clara demanded.

Harry wanted to come to clean but his fear got the better of him.

"I'm not into... Your power games. I don't want this at all." Harry takes look down.

"Well, boy you have to deal with it, if your father said it will happen indeed that will happen. Stop your tendencies of sulking and accept that soon you'll be a husband, then I'll be wanting grandchildren." Clara said as she holds Harry's hand. "Don't disappoint your father or me, we don't need another problem to tarnish our family reputation."

"That's all that you think about our family reputation, this family is already the  most hated family in this country. Dad is not serving the people of this country, he serves himself and his corruption associates. I don't ..." Harry was cut off by Clara.

"Enough! don't you talk like that about your father, he doing all this for us. And for once just be greatful of what you have." Clara responded with fury.

Clara left the lounge.

******************************
This chapter took me two day write. What's your thoughts on Harry situation?

Vote 😁

Comment 😁