Chapter 3

President Alexander Ajojo sat in his chair as he was being updated by minister of state security Akin Ngoyi.

"I can confirm Mr President the crackdown of your critics has been successful. We arrest twenty five members of the Democratic party, as we speak they're awaiting trial. And six journalists  were killed by our private police as you wished."

"Excellent, minister." Alexander nodded his head.

"My man will continue to deal with those against you my leader. We are prepared to die for your Mr President."

"I like that, and I need more man like you. I want you to show no mercy at people who criticise my rule, people forget that I'm the man who took them away from colonial rule. I saved them and they're thank me  by criticizing me. I will not step down anytime soon. My son Harry will take over from me.

"What about the deputy president? Is he not the one next in line." Akin questions.

"No, this country is mine, I will make sure that my family will rule for forever. I didn't get into the struggle to suffer. I wanted my family to have a nice life and have power which we have now. My son will rule this country, but I need my son to man up, he not the man I want him to be."

"I understand, sir." Akin said.

President Ajojo wished his son was ruthless like him, but his son was soft and didn't believe the way his father did things. Harry preferred peace not violence like his father used it to stamp his authority.

Harry entered in the office.

"Speaking of the devil himself." Alexander says mockingly.

Harry walked towards them.

"Minister Akin." Harry greeted.

"Hello, Harry."

"Er, Akin, you can leave us."

Minister Akin left  the office.

"They say you wanted to see me." Harry said as he sat down.

"Yes, I have sent your uncles to Nadia's family to ask their hand in marriage for Nadia. And it looks you're going to marry her." Alexander beams with joy.

"I have made it clear to you - that I don't want to marry Nadia. I can't believe you serious about this."

"Like it or not Nadia will be your wife." Alexander roared.

"I will not do it!"

"Listen here, Harry, this is not request it an order that you have to obey. If you know what's good for you my son."

"I can't believe this. Why do have to be controlling my life all the time, can't  you just let me be and allow me to make my choices." Harry looks disappointed.

"I know what's best for you."

"No, it best for you. Everything you must benefit you first, now I must marry someone I don't love because of your dealings. It so unfair what you're doing to me."

"Shut up! You such a ungrateful child. I do everything for you and this is what I  get, you're just a spoiled brat. If you don't marry Nadia I will disown you." Alexander's voice was threatening.

Harry felt disappointed that his father was doing this to him, he had no choice than to compile with his father's  demand. Harry wanted to come out and tell his father about being gay, but that was hard for Harry as his father was old school. Alexander passed a law that people who are gays and lesbians must be arrested, he believed gays and lesbians bring shame and disgust to society. Harry feared that revealing his sexuality might end him in jail.

"Don't test son, I can make your life a living hell. I hope understand that."

Harry nods his head in agreement.

******************************

What's your thoughts on Alexander Ajojo?

Vote 😁

Comment 😁