Chapter 4

The following morning, Stanley was relaxing as he was watching the news channel. Bishop Amos walked in as the small lounge. He was bit shocked to see his son relaxing, he thought by now Stanley would be going back to the USA but it seemed his wish didn't happen.

"Morning, son."

"Morning."

Bishop sat down near his son.

"I presume you'll be staying here longer?" Bishop Amos asked.

"Yes, I'm going to be here for sometimes, I convinced Susan to stay with me." Stanley responded with joy.

His father looked disappointed.

"I tried and I keep on failling, what kind of a father I'm?"

Stanley looks concerned by his father's words.

"I failed your brother, now  failed to stop you from ending up like him. This journey you decided to take will be hard. My son, I don't want to lose another son." Bishop Amos said as he becomes emotional.

Stanley felt bad about what he heard his father say.

"People who are against Ajojo end up dead or in prison. Are you willing to go through that fate?"

Stanley took time to respond. His father had a point and that might happen to him, but Stanley was always positive and the those thoughts were not in his mind.

"Don't worry father, I will not die not just yet. I have a lot of things  that I still need to achieve in life, and one of them is breaking the chains of oppression of Alexander Ajojo. His reign of terror and looting of state money to fund his lavish lifestyle must end." Stanley said with determination.

"I'm afraid of losing you, Stanley." Bishop Amos say with a worried tone.

"You're not going to lose me. Remember we the Obangos we are fighters. Yes, it going to be tricky journey. One man once said it always seems impossible until it done."

"Well, if you say that. You have my blessings."

Stanley was happy to see his father giving him his blessings with the huge task ahead, he felt at ease that he has his father's backing.

"Thanks for that, it means a lot to hear that."

"Go my son, and get the freedom the people of New Coast have to been longing for."

"I will bring freedom and stability to New Coast." Stanley said as he looks fired up, he couldn't wait to start.

******************************Vote

Comment