Chapter 2

Susan waited for Stanley's response eagerly, Bishop Amos stood.

"Er, I almost forgot they're things at the church I need to fix."

"Okay, father." Stanley replied as looks at his father who left them standing.

"Well, I'm waiting." Susan said impatiently.

"Let's talk inside the house."

Stanley goes inside the house with Susan following him. The house had old furniture.

Stanley clears his throat. "I have decided that we going to be staying here for a while." Stanley informed Susan.

"What?"

"My love, I know we haven't discussed this but it a must we remain here." Stanley pleaded.

"Stanley, you can't just drop this bombshell on me and expect me to be fine with it. I have a life that I left in Chicago, my family, my friend, my job. And you want me to leave that all behind? We never planned this, our visit here was to bury your brother then we head back to the US."

"I know that was the plan, but things have changed."

"Changed my foot! This was not part of the plan."

"My country needs me! I can't watch my beloved country go down the drain. Things are bad out there for my people."

"Now, you think you're some kind of superhero. Stanley you are one man against a state that has been ruling this country for decades. You don't have a chance in this mission of yours." Susan hissed.

"I don't care if I'm one man or not. All I care about is about the people of New Coast!"

"So, you don't care about this marriage huh? All this year's we been together and you're willing to throw it away for some crazy mission."

"This is not a crazy mission. I care about this marriage, it just sometimes you can be unreasonable."

"Me unreasonable?" Susan asks as she looks annoyed by Stanley.

"Yes, I have been the one who has been sacrificing things in this relationship, and when I need you to take a sacrifice for me you do this." Stanley looked furious.

Those words made Susan feel ashamed, she took time to respond and remembered the sacrifices Stanley had taken for her and her family. Susan always knew she was lucky in having a man like Stanley, a man who always helpful to others in need. Susan knew the situation in New Coast was bad, but leaving her life behind was a hard choice to make. She recently got promoted at her work, now she had to choice between her career or being there for Stanley in this huge task.

"Susan, this is not permanent. This is just temporary, please understand that. I don't like it when we fight. This is for now, you can visit your friends and family. I know it a lot to ask, but I have to do something to bring change." Stanley says softly as he moves closer to Susan.

"I... I will stay with you. My life would be a misery without you, I can't live without you."

Stanley smiled as he hears those words.

"Oh, my love, you just made my day. Thank you for being understanding. I love you, Mrs Obango." Stanley said as he kisses Susan on the forehead.

"I love you too. Now I must call in at work and inform them about my resignation. So, since we will be here for a while what is your plan?" Susan asks as she takes out her phone.

"Well, I will have to start a social program that will help and uplift my people. Then I will do whatever it takes to end the Ajojo administration, bring freedom to our people."

"Whatever you do I'm here for you." Susan says in a supportive tone.

"I needed that." Stanley replied as he hugs Susan.

******************************

What's your thoughts on Stanley's mission? Can he achieve his goal against a ruthless government?

Vote 😁

Comment 😁