Morning After

Melissa's POV

I wake up to the most pleasant feeling. Cole's arms are wrapped around me and I am snuggled into his chest. I feel so safe and secure, wrapped up in warmth. I look up at his sleeping face it looks so peaceful, so relaxed. I snuggle closer and close my eyes, wondering if it was going to be this way with the rest of the guys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Cole's POV

I watch my beautiful mate sleep, she looks so peaceful her reddish brown hair spilled across my chest and shoulder, her pretty mouth slightly opened as she breathed in and out, her arm wrapped around my chest holding me close to her. I can't wait til my brothers are fully mated with her too, so they feel the love and special pull of full mated couples. I move her arm and carefully and slowly get out of bed, without waking her up. I go to the desk in the room, write her a note and leave it beside the bed on the side table. kiss her cheek,then I walk to my room to see my brothers already there.

"So I see the last part of the mating ceremony has started." Travis says with a smile.

"Yes and we all know who is next, has to go in order of oldest to youngest born, me, Luke, Travis, then Mark." Cole replies.

"Where is Melissa at?" Mark asks.

"still sleeping in her room, left her a note to meet us in Justin's office when she wakes up." Cole says with a smile.

"ok well, we have to make rounds around the territory, still haven't picked up on anything from yesterday, whoever threw the brick was quick, or it was a inside job." Travis says with a glare on his face.

"We will have to just keep a closer eye on Melissa and Rebecca." Mark  says.

"Alright let's do rounds and meet up in the office." Luke says.

Cole watches his brothers leave, with a heavy feeling in his heart he knew something was going to happen. He grabs his clothes and goes into the bathroom to shower, the whole time he was in the shower he was trying to shake the bad feeling, he get out and got dressed, in a black shirt, blue jeans, his black boots, grabs his jacket and walks to Justins office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melissas pov

I wake up to a empty bed, I frown that was not what I expected. I look around the room to see a note on the bed side table I lean over and grab it, I read it and tears form in my eyes what would we have to talk about in Justin's office, did he regret fully mating with me? I threw the paper down and go to my closet and grabbed jeans, a gray tank, and a long sleeved dark blue shirt with buttons half way down the front, gray panties and bra and socks. I stomp my way to the bathroom I'm mad, if he regretted mating me well forget him, I jump in the shower letting the hot water wash away my pain and tears. I scrub my body trying to get his scent off of me, I look down at the tattoos and fall to me knees and let the tears fall from my eyes, why did I let them do this to me, why did I choose to except this as my fate. Reading that note felt like having someone stab me in the heart and twisting it. I get out after 20 minutes of scrubbing and got dressed, I pulled my hair up in a bun and looked my face my eyes were rimmed red and puffy. I take a deep breath. I need a walk some clean air away from them. I pull on some furry boots with a 3 inch heel and put on a fleece zip up sweater. I walk outside and took a deep breath, I love autumn, the smell, the colors, the holidays. I used to love halloween but lately I am not sure, being thrusted into a world where it feels likes Halloween everyday makes Halloween seem like a joke. 

I walk over to a swing between two trees and start to swing. I was lost in thought not paying attention til a shadow fell over me.

"Sitting out here alone with all the danger is a very stupid thing to do."

I jerk my head up and gasp in fear. I should have stayed inside.