Eating for five

Melissa's POV

I wake up drenched in sweat. Looking to see it's 3 AM. Hot, I was too hot. I look to see the guys still wrapped around me. I need to get out before I overheat. Finally getting myself free from thier arms I make my way to the bathroom. Taking off my panties and bra. I turn the shower on getting in washing the sweat from myself. As I let the cool water wash over me I recall the coldness of the orange eyes looking at me from the woods. A chill washes over me.

He got in, got into a place that was supposed to be extremely hard if not impossible to get into. Fear grips me making me clench my hand hard into a fist. I feel my breath coming in short pants, feeling like my throat is closing I fall to my knees. I see blood on the shower floor. Touching my nose I pull back a bloody hand. I can't scream, I open my link to the guys and start screaming.

The bathroom door flies open with so much force that door cracks when it hits the wall. Luke runs at me grabbing my face his purple eyes flashing with panic. His eyes start glowing and the anxiety and fear disappears. I fall against him as I see Travis, Cole and Mark looking at me with panicked and worried expressions. Cole comes over his eyes glowing blue as he touches my stomach.

"The babies are ok." He says.

I feel regret, I put my babies in harm way again.

"Let's get her dried off and back to bed." Travis says.

"Are you ok sweetie?" Mark asks.

"You all said I would be safe here. why was he here? How?" I ask shaking from the air hitting my wet body.

"He wasn't here." Cole answers.

"He used projection, he has witches in his rouge group that helped he seem here, he wasn't though. We never sensed him and after reviewing the footage from the perimeter cameras we saw nothing out of the ordinary. No one got in." Cole adds.

"Why didn't you tell me!" I yell.

"Mark, just got done with the footage and your were resting peacefully with Travis and Luke." Cole replies not even acknowledging my anger.

"Come on Cole, for piece of mind we can do a quick sweep over the perimeter." Travis says.

Travis walks over to Cole when he nods ok and teleports them outside. Mark smiles then holds up his hand motioning to hold on. He walks out of the bathroom leaving me and Luke alone.

"Come love let's get you dried off and dressed so you don't get a cold." He says.

"Yes heaven forbid I get sick." I say.

Luke looks like he wants to say something but Mark interrupts coming back in with big headphones.

"These are noise cancelling headphones so once you put them on you can't hear anything from the outside. You love music so I figured it be a good way to unwind." He says handing them to me.

"Thank you Mark." I say walking up to him and giving him a kiss on his cheek.

"You're welcome sweetie. I'm going to check in with our night guards." He says as he gives me a kiss goodbye on my lips.

As he leaves Luke turns to me. Before he can say anything I escape the bathroom and get into some warm clothes. Grabbing my phone I plug in the headphones, pull up my Spotify app. I put on the headphones on and lay on the couch by the tv. Luke sensing I want some alone time just gives me a kiss on my head and a look that says we will talk about it later. He grabs a laptop off a desk in the corner and settles into bed. I look through my play list and settle on the other by Lauv.

I put on the headphones and press play as the music flows over me I feel my tension melt. As my music playlist continues I find myself drifting off to a peaceful sleep. After awhile I feel myself being lifted off the couch and lowered into bed. The headphones are carefully removed from my head.