Chapter 38

Callie's POV

I was drinking again. Drinking a lot, basically a drunk since Shield died, fuck life, right? "You can't live like this, Cals. You have to go go back Barcelona and see Blue." Mat told me, "She's fine.. she's with her dad." I burped and took another drink of the vodka. The doorbell rang. "We'll get it.." Taylor told me, "Shut the fuck up. I'll get it." I was out of balance and falling over a little, but I answered the door.

It was a boy. "Who the fuck are you?" I took a slug from the bottle. Jose removed from the door and answered it, "I'm sorry.. Who are you looking for?" Jose asked the boy, "I'm looking for--" he uncrumbled a paper in his pocket. "--For Callie Jacobs." I moved Jose out of the way and looked at the boy. "What's your name, boy?" I asked drunkly. "Callie, you shouldn't be--" I put my hand up to stop him from talking.

I looked at the boy. "Kevin. My name is Kevin." He said, I let him in the house and made myself some hot tea to get my drunkness go down. It about 40 minutes, I was feeling better and refreshed with a little orange juice too. "Glad you're feeling better, Jacobs." Mat smiled. "Alright, you said your names Kevin and you're looking for me? What the hell do you want?" I spat, I was rude and angry.

"My mother she recently passed away and she left me this note where I said I had to come here and look for my Dad." I squinted my eyes. I looked at the guys. "Aye, I don't have no son! I would've known if I knocked a bitch up!" Ramón laughed.

Jose said the same and Mat already had a son with my sister. He was 9 or 10. I don't know. "Your dad? And whose your dad?" He pulled out another piece of paper and read it. "R--Randy Diaz?" My eyes boggled out and I laughed at the boy. "No... Your mother is lying to you! HE CANNOT BE YOUR FATHER, YOU LITTLE FUCKING LYING PIECE OF SHIT--!" I slapped his face and Jose pulled me away angrily.

"STOP! Callie, STOP!" He yelled in my ear. "HOW DARE YOU COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND LIE ABOUT SUCH A THING YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT! HOW DARE YOU SMUDGE HIS MEMORY?! YOU ARE SICK!" The boy named Kevin's face was red and he looked at me and stood. "Ma'am. Please! I mean no harm, I just wanna see my father.. For once in my life after he abadoned my mother, 17 years ago! CAN YOU GIVE ME THAT?!" He screamed at me.

I was so appalled by this asshole that dared to speak of Shield like this. "Callie! Calm down!" Mat warned. "Kid?" Mat spoke. "How old are you?" He asked. "17.." The boy Kevin said. "Who's your mother?" Mat asked, "Lindy.. Lindy Bellez." Mat laughed and showed his teeth, "NO WAY! Shield had a fucking love child with Lindy Bellez?!" He laughed. "Whose Lindy Bellez?" I asked, Jose held me down to not kill this kid. "This chick... When we were at a party, we met a group of chicks, I remember her blonde hair." The boy smiled. "See! I'm not lying, Ms. Jacobs!" He yelped at me.
"Do you have any proof of this?" I asked him, Jose let me go. "Got you covered..." He took off the backpack and showed me documents. I looked at them, his birth certificate.

A DNA test. "What's this?" I waved the paper in the air and showed him. "It's a DNA test, when I was born he told my mom he doubted that I was his kid so she ordered a DNA test and yeah. There you go." He chuckled. "There's a 99.9% that he's your father... He really is your dad." Kevin nodded.

"I told you... So! Where is he?" He smiled widely. I sat with him on the couch and wrapped my arms around this stranger. This boy that yet had not felt the pain. "I'm sorry, Kevin? Am I right?" He nodded at me and looked at his shoes. "I'm sorry but he-- He died yesterday. He had cancer and he finally gave away." Kevin was utterly speechless and the tears welled up in his eyes, "D--Do you even have a picture of him?" He asked me. I smirked.

I pulled a picture out of my purse and handed it to him, he stared at it. "Ya know, you kinda look like him." I complimented. "Nah.. he looks like his fine sexy momma." Taylor punched Mat. I gave him a death glare and looked back at Kevin. "You just came to meet him?" I asked. "Well like I said before, my mom recently passed and I have no where to go. She gave me that paper to at least come here, find my dad and maybe he'd let me live here with him..." He told us. "You can.. You can stay here, I mean we can't just throw you out on the street. You're family. You're Shield's kid!" I exclaimed.

"Shield?" He asked. "That's what we called him. That was his name for all of us." I smiled and tried not to cry. Kevin patted my back, "Were you his wife?" He asked me. "Yes I was but I was many things before I was his wife." We all laughed. "You were Brandon Foster's wife, married in 1992 and you had a daughter with him, Blue Marie Foster in 1993. You both have been divorced ever since when he abadoned his daughter in late 1995." He spoke like my story was a book. I looked at him oddly, "Google. I looked you up on google." We laughed and I patted his hair.

"You're a sweet kid, please stay with us." Mat gave me a reassuring nod. "I have to go take Hunter home because he fell asleep upstairs so I'll be back but the guest room is empty, Kevin." He smiled and I grabbed his backpack and took him upstairs. "Just, make yourself at home and I'll see you in the morning okay?" He smiled. "Thank you Ms. Jacobs." I shook my head, "Call me Callie, please. I feel old when you call me that." We laughed and I closed the door.

AUTHORS REVIEW: There's no school today so let me just update....