Chapter 5

The years passed... Blue turned 5, 6, 7 and 8. Everytime I looked her, I saw Brandon and no matter how much I tried to get him out of my head, she was always there to remind me that I loved him and I will always love him. It was Brandon's last year in prison. Last time I heard of him, he wrote me a letter explaining that he was sorry for the way he acted on our last visit. That he did had to protect Blue and he had to stop being selfish.

"How are you, Stef?" I asked, coming down the stairs. After Blue turned 6, I stopped her calling her Mom because why call someone Mom when they don't act like a Mom.. "I'm good. It's early. Am I taking Blue to school?" I chuckled at her humor. "What?" She looked up from her plate as Lena came in the kitchen and grabbed a plate. I stood, "Why would I let a drug addict take care of my daughter? Over my dead body..." I left the table and called Blue down.

"Hey mom!" She was 8 now. So big and mature for her age, just like her father. In every single little detail. She was singing something but I couldn't make out the words, she put in her headphones and she grabbed her bag. "Blue!" I scolded. She looked me, "Yeah, mom?" We headed out the door. "Have you spoken with--?" I asked. Blue nodded. "I always do, you know that." I turned the car on as she got in her car seat. "I just want to make sure... He loves to hear from you." I reminded her. "He would love to hear from you too ya know, if you spoke with him."

I sighed again for the millionth time. "It's complicated.." I said. "Why? You don't love him anymore?" She asked. I looked at her and gasped as I drove her to school. "Blue Marie! I love him so much that I can't go through with it... I can't go through with--" I stopped. "--You're just too little to understand." I said. I dropped her off in school and I got in back the car and called someone I needed to speak with. "Hello?" He answered. "We need to meet up, Liam." I rasped.

--------------

We met up at the park, somewhere public.. I knew he wouldn't do anything to me in a public place where there were cops and people and kids all over the place. "Oh, Callie Jacob... The years have been going amazing for you." He chimed. "I didn't come to play and joke around, Liam. I came for a favor... Something only you could help me with." I told him. He nodded, "What may I do to help such a fair maiden like yourself..." Liam always had a thing for me even though he raped me and fucked me over, he always had a thing for me and I never blamed him for that.

"Tell Ricardo to meet me at this place, tomorrow." I handed him the piece of paper and he read it. "Why couldn't you tell him on your own?" He asked me. "I know about Lily Foster okay? I know she killed Sierra Millian, I know she works with Ricardo so don't play that shit with me..." I spat. "Does B know all this?" Liam called him. "He doesn't know she killed his first love but he knows the rest thanks to you," Liam smirked and got up. "Don't worry... I'll make sure he makes it." He winked at me sexually and turned around, leaving.

------------

I stood in the ally behind a restaurant. It was dark, it smelled because of the huge garbage cans. It was lonely and private and you could hear the abandoned cats meow as strangers walked by. I wore a black, tiny shirt that said Gangsta Of Love, it showed my belly. with some high top waisted white shorts and high heels, I needed to impress this fool. "Hello, Callie Jacob!" I looked up at the roof. "Hey! I noticed you came alone.." I mentioned. Ricardo jumped off the roof and landed in front of me, caressing my face sweetly, kissing my cheek. "I'm never alone, my dear." I looked around and saw the men, they held up snipers in my direction in case anything happened.

"You needed to talk to me?" He asked, holding my hand. I nodded and lit up a cigarette. "Yeah," I blew the smoke and his fingers played with my hair. "I need to know what's your connection with Lily Foster... Why'd she kill Sierra Millian?" I rasped. Ricardo took the cigarette from my mouth and puffed it, "Stop playing games with me, Villalobos." I warned. "Jacobs... You know what I want." He bit his lip and touched my arm sensually. I pulled away and I huffed angrily. "Why?!" I screamed, becoming impatient.