Victory [16]

At one location, there was a shockwave as the ground crumbled and quaked, as if it was water. Ichigo's bat turned the wolves into bags of bones and red paste on the ground. She was an unstoppable whirlwind of death and fury.

At another location, purple lightning struck all around, touching one enemy and spreading ruthlessly, without control. The ends of Fanzer's hair flickered with purple electricity as his power ran wild, scars of plasma shooting all around.

At the last location, there was a blur of black energy. Anything that touched the blur was instantly killed, without patience or mercy. The black blade switched naturally between being a dagger and a shortsword, never losing momentum or power between the movements.

Three paths moved through the horde of monsters, all converging on the boss.

The werewolf let out a roar, and the nearby wolves cleared away, making the progression towards the boss that much easier.

Fanzer arrived first, the power of lightning spurning him on as it pulsed through his veins. With purple electricity shooting through his eyes, he met Lycaon's ravenous gaze. The werewolf's claws, cloaked in dense mana, shot towards Fanzer, but by then, he was already gone.

A streak of lightning flickered behind him, and Lycaon's eyes shot up, darting towards the electricity-cloaked man. Fanzer's palm slammed into the boss's head, sending electricity shooting through it.

The boss let out a howl before taking Fanzer into a hand and slamming him into the ground. The purple electricity shot scars out into every direction as he was ruthlessly pummeled.

Ichigo arrived next, flashing before Lycaon's eyes, and slamming her bat into Lycaon's arm. There was a crunch, then the boss cried out in pain, rolling onto its back. Its arm hung limply by its side; the bone was shattered.

"Heh, it'll be harder to heal major internal damage like that!" Ichigo roared, grinning.

Ichigo offered a hand to Fanzer, with his head still firmly lodged into the ground. He took her hand, and sparks of purple electricity dared to bite at her. Fanzer tried to pull his hand away, partially rising enough to see that it was Ichigo who assisted him. Ichigo grasp stayed firm, not harsh enough to hurt her ally, but strong enough to keep Fanzer's hand in hers.

"Hey, let go, I can't control my electricity, it'll hit you too!" Fanzer yelled, but he suddenly stopped when Ichigo wordlessly yanked him up from the ground. Even as he stumbled, she didn't let him go.

After a moment, he caught himself and looked up to her, confusion rising to his face.

"I'd never leave an ally behind," Ichigo smiled softly, letting Fanzer's hand fall from hers. "Besides, I'm strong enough to not get hurt by a few small sparks."

Fanzer's electricity suddenly faded, leaving him weak and tired.

"Ah... I guess I was at the end of my mana anyways," he said, lightly clicking his tongue. A black blur raced past them, so Fanzer yelled, "(Y/n)! Its arm is shattered, and it should still be reeling from the electricity, kill it now!"

"Understood," (Y/n) spoke lowly before he launched off and the ground shattered in his wake.

He flew with every footstep, and as soon as Lycaon saw his opponent's speed, the other wolves suddenly approached him. (Y/n) thought they'd protect the boss, so he was ready to ram through them, but he almost faltered when he saw Lycaon's jaw open, and in an instant, everything changed.

Lycaon devoured its brethren, and with blood staining its white fur, it began to change. The boss slowly started getting larger and larger, its immense power growing with its size.