9

My original goal for this story was 3000+ words per chapter. All that did was make the chapters longer than necessary and boring. So now there's no minimum, just have to make sure that there's no useless parts.
❈-❈-❈-❈-❈-❈-❈-❈

"Can we, talk?" Jinyoung asked cautiously, to a quiet Youngjae who just nodded. He took off his shoes and made his way to the bed.

"What is it?" Youngjae lied, he already knew.

"I cheated on you." Jinyoung blurted shamefully, his face red with self hatred.

Youngjae kept a calm voice as he spoke, "I know. You didn't clean up very well." Jinyoung gazed into his eyes, which showed pain yet stillness. His eyes were remorseful, but at the same time relieved. As if something that had been holding him back was no longer there.

Jinyoung made a confused face, "Aren't you mad? We're supposed to be faithful to each other, and I betrayed that."

"I'll admit, I'm a bit hurt. It makes me wonder what I did wrong to have you act that way..." Jinyoung flinched but Youngjae continued to talk, "But at the same time, we were long overdue for a break up, weren't we? Besides, I forgive you."

"What are you talking about?"

Youngjae gave Jinyoung a slightly offended look, "You're telling me that you didn't notice how we treated each other more as friends than lovers? We hardly do anything romantic, and when it is it's not 'just because' it's for an occasion. We don't have that spark."

Jinyoung quickly wiped his eyes, "I thought you hadn't noticed."

Youngjae took Jinyoung's hands into his own, "I noticed, but I had hoped it would get better. But, now that we're here... we've started meeting people."

Jinyoung gave a shaky breath, "You've found someone? Someone who makes you happy?"

"Before we get into talking about our crushes can we officially break up?"

Jinyoung held up his pinkie, "But we'll still be be best friends and tell each other everything!" His heart lightened, knowing that Youngjae felt the same, knowing that this wasn't a big problem. Youngjae had also forgiven him, lessening his guilt. Strangely, it didn't truly feel like cheating anymore.

Youngjae pinkie promised, "Hell yeah."

Jinyoung smiled like a school girl during a gossip session, "So, what's this crush you have like?"

Youngjae blushed with a large smile on his face, "His name is Jaebum, he's the DJ I'm working with."

"Oh, a little co-workers romance story. Cute."

Youngjae whacked Jinyoung, "Shut up, it's not like that."

Jinyoung flopped on the bed, "Whatever you say, so, what's he like?"

"I'll tell you if you promise not to laugh." Jinyoung didn't promise, but Youngjae agreed to tell him anyway. That's what best friends do, this pair at least.

"His music making skills turn me on." It's a good think Jinyoung didn't make that promise, because he would've broken it right then and there. He went crazy with laughter. Youngjae just covered his face and groaned.

"Getting a hard on during work that's priceless!"

"It's not as funny when your co-worker looks over at you to get some help with the melody and sees a freaking tent in your pants that you apparently didn't cover up well enough."

"So he knows?! Jinyoung jumped back up into a sitting position, a smile on his face that hasn't been there for months. A smile that hasn't been given since the mistakenly took their closeness for love.