Chapter 67

Taehyung POV

When I finally feel myself begin to come to again, I instantly notice the lack of Sunmi next to me, feeling colder than usual. With a small sigh, I tiredly open my eyes, simply confirming the fact that she's no longer snuggled into my side like she had been when I fell asleep with her earlier. Though, what surprises me is the smell of food cooking and noticing that my brother is actually sat in the chair that's in the corner of the living room. Frowning with reluctant curiosity, I manage to pull myself properly upright, rubbing my face tiredly as I look over to Namjoon.

"Sunmi is in the kitchen, if that's what you're wondering. She wanted to make us breakfast this morning. My guess would be that food will be ready shortly." Namjoon informs me, not even glancing my way from the book he's reading. I smile lightly at this, nodding my head and standing up. A yawn falls from my lips as I stretch, stuffing my hands into my pockets as I slowly make my way to kitchen door that my girlfriend is apparently hiding behind. I smile once more at the thought, still trying to wrap my head around the fact that it's actually official with her now. That I can truthfully say that, that I can truly call her mine and not have to worry that she's not okay with it.

As I enter the kitchen, my smile only grows, her back facing me as the sound of food cooking fills the room. It occurs to me as I'm walking over to her, the fact that she's still dressed in nothing but the oversized shirt I'd given her before rushing out of the room this morning. I have no problems with it really, knowing Namjoon isn't interested and that she's probably not even recalled that fact at this point. The long sleeve falls down to her mid thigh, nearly looking like a simple short length dress. Though, the bottom bits of her hip tattoo manage to show themselves as she moves ever so lightly, tending to the food with ease. I smile at the sight, glad I'd made the decision to mark her as ours from the very beginning. However, the short length also shows off all of the scars and faded bruises that litter her beautiful soft legs, leaving very little unmarked skin available.

Deciding not focus on that though, I quietly make my way across the kitchen and over to her, surprising her lightly when I wrap my arms around her waist and lay my head on her shoulder. I catch her glance over at me, a small smile on her soft lips as she relaxes in my hold. It only makes me smile more, giving her a gentle squeeze before leaning over and kissing her cheek, wishing I could just simply shower her with all the love she deserves.

It reminds me of what Namjoon and Jin hyung had mentioned to me a few days ago now, making my blush just a little as I hide my face in the crook of her neck.

I really do want to propose to her. It's not that I want to move things with her as quickly as possible, because it's the last thing I want to do. I don't want to scare her away, don't wanna make her uncomfortable in anyway possible. But, I really do love her and I know that I don't ever want anyone else. I never will. She's managed to help me in ways I never thought possible, made me happier than what I never realized I could be. Not only that, but she's kind of reminded me what it is to have a life.

She means the world to me. I just... I wish there were something more I could do to show her that. To show her and constantly remind her that she's my baby, that she's my whole world and universe.

"I love you, Sunmi." I whisper softly, drawing little patterns on her stomach as I lift my head away from her neck so that I can smile up at her. I watch a light blush creep onto her naturally pale cheeks, watching her smile down at me as well.

"I love you too, Tae. Promise, I always will." She murmurs softly. Though, there's a certain level of serious in her voice that makes me wanna feel just a little concerned, but choosing to simply mark it off that she's probably not had the chance to be this close with someone before because of her asshole of a father.

Leaning over, I give her a soft kiss before returning my head to her shoulder, simply content with my life with her right now, trying hard not to focus on what happened this morning.