Chapter 42

Sunmi POV

Not moving a muscle from where I stand, I ignore the aching in my hand from having punched him square in the jaw. His eyes are wide as he looks up at me, lips slack as the bruise already begins to form. However, his lips curl into a snarly smile as his eyes land on me. Hands still clenched into fists, I remain silent as I watch him calmly stand back up and dust himself off.

"I'm so sorry for the trouble, Mr. Min." I hear Tae speak up as he wraps a hand around my arm. My eyes widen as I look over to him, seeing him giving me a small comforting smile.

"It's quite alright, Mr. Kim. I know females can be quite unpredictable and unpleasant at times." Appa responds in a knowing but calm tone, a smirk on his lips as he eyes me. Though, it falls a little when his eyes land on something in particular, when they land on the tattoo that's currently on fairly decent display for anyone around on my left side to see. I don't bother to react to it though, emotions running too rampant for me to keep up with at the moment as Tae gently pulls me away from him. I stumble a bit at the sudden motion, suddenly feeling lost and scared as I quickly force myself to keep up with him.

Clinging to his side, I work hard to force back tears, knowing that this is the last place I need to be crying. He looks over to me at the suddenness of how close I've suddenly got to him. Though, his expression turns to worry as his eyes lock on mine. Letting go of my arm like he'd been holding, he moves it to wrap around my waist as he leads us over to a quieter corner of the venue.

"Are you fucking crazy?! You could've ruined everything!" Namjoon whisper shouts, catching me off guard as I soon on my heel to look back at him. My eyes are wide as I partially lean back against Tae, stumbling a bit in surprise and fear at how mad he seems to be.

"Hyung, stop. You're going to make things worse. Her brother and sister were all that she had left and she's already lost one of those two people. She had every right to be upset and pissed about it, but yelling at her for her actions isn't going make anything any better." Tae speaks up instantly, wrapping both arms around my waist as he pulls me back against him gently and properly. I whimper softly, turning around in Tae's arms, burying my face into his chest as I lock my arms around him as well. He immediately begins to hush my softly, rubbing my back gently as he kisses the top of my head.

"Shhhhh. Calm down, baby. You're safe and you're gonna be okay, alright? We're gonna find your brother and we're gonna get him back. Okay? Calm down, baby. Everything's gonna be okay." Tae murmurs softly in my ear. I just whimper once more, shaking my head at this.

"No, no it's not. He's doing this on purpose. He wants to get to me so that he can get rid of me. Nobody here knows I'm related to him but he knows I'm with you guys now. I- He-" I panic, cutting myself off as I feel myself lose control of my breath, whimpering again.

"Shhh. Sunmi, baby, you gotta calm down. Okay? He may know you're with us, but everyone here knows not mess with us. Okay? He's not gonna get you, and he's not going to do anything with your brother either." Tae coos gently, pulling me back as he cups my cheek to help direct me to look up at him. I can feel my lips still trembling, still fighting hard against the tears as my gaze locks on his. He gives me a small smile though, leaning down and pecking my lips gently. As he pulls back away, I take a deep breath, running a hand through my hair before simply leaning my head against his chest.

"I'm sorry if I messed everything up." I mumble quietly, feeling a little tired now from everything that's happened.

"It's okay, baby. You've not messed anything up, okay? We've still got the rest of the night to go." Tae whispers softly, gently kissing the top of my head once more.

"Are we all back under control? Because we still have shit to get done." Namjoon buffs impatiently. I glance up to Tae, finding him giving the older a glare.

"Fuck off, alright? You wanna go wander around and do what you had been, then get the fuck gone already."