Chapter 11

Sunmi POV

Keeping my gaze on the floor, I try to hold back my fear of how Taehyung is going to react to the fact that I'd tried not only punching him, but kicking him as well. Though, I'm not smacked or punched or anything of the sort in return for what I'd attempted to do.

"Come on. You still need to eat." Taehyung says in a surprisingly soft tone, letting go of me with one hand as he wraps his arm around my shoulders to begin leading me back out of the room. My eyes widen though, shaking my head as I dig my heels into the floor so that I won't move. He groans in frustration, turning back to me with a slight glare.

"Sunmi, you need to eat." Taehyung tells me, his tone a little more stern this time. Biting my lip, I shake my head.

"I can't. I-I ate this morning, Taehyung. Can't that be enough?" I request quietly. He frowns, seeming mildly confused before shaking his head.

"Look, I don't know what your issue is with eating, Sunmi, but it's not an option. We let you skip lunch earlier, but you need to have dinner. You didn't even have that much for breakfast this morning. You need to come upstairs and eat. We can't have you starving yourself." Taehyung responds with a sigh. I swallow hard, holding back tears.

"Taehyung, please. I-I'm not starving myself. I just don't eat a lot. Please, don't make me eat dinner. I'm truthfully just not hungry, I really don't eat a lot." I argue quietly, trying to keep my voice steady. He gives a small frown, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry, Sunmi. You need to eat though. Come on. It doesn't have to be a lot, but you need to eat something. Just half of the plate, okay?" Taehyung says quietly, trying to reason with me. I bite my lip, averting my gaze to the floor, glaring down at it.

I need to be stronger than this. I can't be so fucking weak. I can't be fucking pathetic like this. I need to stop feeling like crying. Stop letting them see me so weak. If I'm going to be stuck here for who knows how long, then I'm going to need to be stronger.

Swallowing back my tears, I take a deep breath and nod my head. I can't let myself go and just start eating like everyone else does, but this would probably bring me up to the amount of food Yoongi always pushed me to eat anyways.

Yoongi. I have to do this for him. I have to be stronger for him. I can't just crumble and fall apart. I'm not going to let them break me and let them prove Yoongi right. He was worried that I wouldn't be able to handle it and that they'd be able to break me all too easily. I have to work harder, work quicker, be stronger if I want to survive.

"Sunmi? Do you think you can do that for me? Just eat half of what we've already portioned out for you? It's already a smaller amount than what the rest of us have." Taehyung speaks up again, snapping me from my thoughts as my head snaps up in his direction with wide eyes. Taking a deep breath, I just bite my lip and nod my head.

"Just half of it. No more than that." I agree quietly. He gives me a small smile, nodding his head as he begins to lead us back out of the workout room once more. I stay silent as he brings us back up the stairs and into the kitchen. When we get there, neither Jin nor Namjoon appear to have eaten a bite of food since I left. They're both looking over in our direction when we enter, but neither say a word as Taehyung leads me back over to the chair I'd been sat in for a mere minute.

Sitting down in the chair, Taehyung retracts his arm and takes his seat once more, bringing his napkin back to his lap before picking up his chopsticks and beginning to eat once more. I can feel Namjoon and Jin's eyes on me, but I try to ignore them as I pick the chopsticks up and pick a piece of food up.

It's okay. He always told you that you couldn't eat. That you had to have permission. If nothing else, you've got permission to eat now.

Closing my eyes, force myself to take the bite of food. They're gazes stay on me though, and I try not to worry about it as I take another.