Chapter 52

Sunmi POV

Laying in the hospital bed, I'm nuzzled into Tae's side. He spends most of his time in the bed with me, keeping me company and comfortable as he lets me cuddle up to him. Though, despite having me at his side, he's had his laptop out and on his lap nearly ninety percent of the time, work being his sole focus since he brought me back to my hospital room yesterday.

If I'm being completely honest, it's mildly annoying to have him focusing on nothing but work while he's in here. I know and understand that first and foremost, he's a businessman. He owns and operates one of the largest companies in all of Seoul, the other two being owned by his brothers. Not only that, but he and his brothers run the largest gang operation in all of South Korea.

But... after everything, I was kind of hoping that this would be something more... That... That he would at least show that he still cares about me and that I'm not just some injured figurine at his side right now. I know it... I know it was wishful thinking, but thought maybe he'd spend just a little less time on work when he's with me. Yet, he seems to be spending more time on work now than he was before, more attention to work than before.

Sighing quietly to myself, I let my body sink a little lower in the bed so that my head in more so in line with his abdomen, rolling over to my other side so that I'm facing away from him. Growing tired on top of everything that's happened and all of the thoughts from yesterday that are running rampant in my mind, I try to use my arm as somewhat of a pillow and close my eyes to try and get some sleep. It's not comfortable in any way at all, but I don't want to annoy him and be a bother.

"Tired, baby?" Tae asks, sounding absentminded as he speaks. Though, I know he's not even looking at me, not being able to feel his eyes on me at all. I bite my bottom lip at the question, knowing that if I tell him I am that he'll simply get out of the bed. It makes me conflicted, not wanting him to leave me but hating how distant he's being at the same time.

"I'm okay." I mumble quietly, feeling my heart grow heavier and heavier in my chest as time goes by. With everything growing complicated, it puts me in a shitty position altogether, one that I'd greatly not like to deal with.

"I know you're okay, Sunmi. That's why you're in the hospital right now. What I'm asking is if you're tired." Tae counters, not sounding overly interested in our conversation to begin with. I can't help myself as I whimper slips from my lips, squeezing my eyes shut tightly as I feel tears begin to form. I find myself curling up into a bit of a ball at his side, thoughts and feelings clashing together in the most painful of ways.

"Sunmi? Baby?"

His voice is softer this time and I hear soon hear his laptop being shut. This only causes the tears to begin slipping, rolling down my cheeks. I try hard not to lose my breathing, not wanting to cry or sob or any of this. Not wanting to be weak. Not now. Not after everything.

I break though, as I feel him lay down behind me. He wraps an arm over my waist, his front soon being flushed against my back as he nuzzles his head into the corner of my neck. My tears fall faster at this, mildly wanting to pull away from him after how ignored I've felt for the last twenty four hours.

"Baby, what's wrong? Why're you so upset?" Tae murmurs softly against my skin, pressing a gentle kiss there. I just shake my head at the question though, not wanting to answer and sound dumb or pathetic. He hums softly against me though, seeming to try and get a response from me.

"Baby, please. Why're you upset?" Tae whispers gently, drawing little tiny patterns on my sore stomach. I love the feeling, hating myself for how much I'm enjoying his gentleness, hating myself for how I'm slowly beginning to get used to it, for wanting it.

"Sunmi, please, baby. Talk to me. What's wrong?" Tae mumbles, kissing the corner of my neck once more, now beginning to sound like he's begging. I whimper at the sound, trying to push out the sounds of my brothers voice as I turn over in his arms to curl up into him.

"Everything just hurts right now, Tae. I'll be okay. Please, just don't leave me right now."