Chapter 4

Jimin POV

Trying to take a deep breath without causing myself too much pain, I begin to wonder what the hell is taking Sunmi so long just to call Jungkook. Looking down towards the exit of the alleyway that we'd been in, my eyes widen when I realize she's nowhere to be seen, and I know damn well that she wouldn't leave my sight just to make a goddamn call.

Pursing my lips in pain, I manage to pull my phone out of my front pants pocket, quickly dialing up Yoongi's number. Pressing the device to my ear, I lean my head back against the brick wall behind me and close my eyes, waiting for him to answer. I'm not dumb enough to think he'd be asleep right now, knowing he's up and waiting for a call from his sister that they've gotten ahold of me and that the operation is in motion.

"Jimin? What the hell are you doing calling me? What's going on?" Yoongi answers on the first ring. I'm not surprised by his quick questions, not being able to blame him for that.

"Hyung, I'm so sorry. Fuck, they-" I pause, wincing in pain that's still coming in waves.

"Jimin, what the fuck happened?" Yoongi questions, voice firm to demand an answer but silently telling me to calm down and slow down at the same time. I swallow hard, running a hand through my hair as the adrenaline begins to start rushing again.

"Yoongi, they've got her. They- Shit, they fucking took her." I manage to spit out as I stare up at the dark and dull sky above me.

"How? How did they take her? Why wasn't she by your side or within your sight the entire time? I thought she said they'd take you?" Yoongi asks, clearly holding back from ripping my head off right now.

"Well, clearly they didn't take the fucking bait, hyung. I got the shit beat out of me thanks to a dickhead who didn't wanna play fair. She had to step in and nearly knock his ass out after a low blow. She, Sunmi pulled me away from the crowd after the fight ended when she made him go running for the hills. She didn't want me staying alone tonight because of the hits I took and walked off a bit to call Jungkook. But that was like... Fuck me, that was probably at least five minutes ago now, hyung. And she's no-fucking-where to be seen now. They were here the entire time during fight too." I explain, trying to ignore the pain that's still coursing through my body.

"I'm on my way to your location now. You can stay with me for the night. I'll call Jungkook when I'm off the phone with you to let him know you're staying with me." Yoongi responds with a sigh. I bite my lip, looking down at my lap.

"I'm really sorry, hyung. I know you didn't want her getting put into this." I whisper quietly.

"It's not your fault, Jimin. I suppose I should've known something like this would happen. It should've been fucking obvious, and yet we thought they'd take you after how long they've clearly been watching her fight." Yoongi mutters softly from the other end. I glance back over at the fights that are still happening further into the alleyway, not being able to help but be curious.

"Yoongi, do you really think she can't handle it? The mission?" I ask quietly, not wanting to upset him further than he already is, but desperately wanting to know. Yoongi sighs once more, staying silent for a good moment or two before finally speaking up.

"Sunmi is physically the strongest out of our entire department, Jimin. Out of all of us, she could easily take the physical hell that they could possibly throw your way better than anyone else and dish it right back. It wouldn't surprise me that she could more than likely take a punch and come back with an even harder hit. That's not my main concern. Granted, I don't want her getting hurt. I don't want them abusing her or using her in any sort of way, even if she could physically handle it.

"What I'm mostly concerned about, is the mental aspect of all of it. She's still not mentally strong. Any bullshit they feed her about how worthless she could be or any type of bullshit like that, she'll believe in a heartbeat. She won't want to, but she'll see what they're saying way too easily. I don't want those assholes causing her anymore pain and suffering than what she's already gone through. And it's not going to be an easy task for her to accomplish, just with all of her little specific nuances. She works so well with us because we know her and we know how to work with her. They're walking into a game with a weapon that they've not seen before and have no idea of how she works. I just don't want her to suffer because of that."