Chapter 66

Sunmi POV

Curled up on the couch in the living room with Tae, there's too many emotions for me to be able to relax a little and watch the movie that he's put on for us. It's been an hour since Namjoon brought us out of Jin's bedroom and brought us down here, Tae having passed out about fifteen minutes ago now.

I want to relax. I want to so badly with everything in me. I just can't. With images of Jin's dead body, the man who killed him flopping dead in the yard, the frozen pain on Tae's face. I just can't manage it. I didn't get much a chance to glance at the gun lying on the floor that he'd dropped either, but recognized the symbol carved into the side that had been facing up, a tattoo that left far too many marks yet never having understood it until now.

The entire thing just makes Yoongi's word ring louder in my ears though, his voice mixed with the gunshots managing to drown out the sound of whatever movie Tae had put on. It's all I can seem to really hear much of, all I can really focus on.

Turning them in wouldn't even be that big of a hassle either. I've seen the discs that Tae slips into his laptop and back out occasionally. Don't know where they're all hidden or how many of them, but I know they exist. And I have no doubt that they contain information pertaining to their gang work. All I'd have to do is figure out a way to get it to Yoongi. To someone in the department. Contact Yoongi and figure out a plan with him.

It feels so wrong thinking about this after everything that's happened in the last twenty four hours though. It twists and turns an invisible knife in my chest, clenching at my heart and pulling at the strings that keep it attached. Tae's gone and shown me just how much he truly loves me, how much I honestly mean to him. Not only that, but he's lost his oldest brother, something that I have no doubt will affect him for a very long time. And yet, here I am, thinking of ways to get them locked up.

It'll keep them safe. Keep them out of harms way. Many people will try going after them, you'd be doing them a favor and keeping them safe. Saving them.

I shake my head lightly at this, squeezing my eyes shut as I nuzzle my head further into Tae's chest. My gaze locked on the television screen, yet not absorbing an ounce of what's happening in front of me.

"Sunmi, you should really get some sleep. It's been an early morning for you and it wasn't an easy one either."

My head snaps up at the voice, finding a worn out looking Namjoon entering the living room and heading past us to sit in the chair beside the couch we're cuddled up on.

"I could say the same to you." I counter softly, gaze following the older brunette. He offers a small smile as he nearly flops into the chair, a small yawn escaping his lips.

"I'm the oldest now. I have to take care of things that Jin hyung usually handles. I can't just leave his dead body in his bedroom or the guy you killed out on the lawn for anyone to see, now can I?" Namjoon responds lightly. I smile just a little at this, shrugging lightly.

"You could let me help. You don't have to handle it all on your own." I counter quietly. He chuckles softly at this, shaking his head as he brings his legs up with him in the chair.

"I think you're helping a lot more than you realize." He murmurs, nodding in what would look like my direction, but I know it's towards Tae. I look up at the sleeping boy curiously, not quite understanding what he means by the fact that I'm helping, causing me to turn my attention back to him.

"Whether you realize it or not, you're kind of like his support system right now. I don't know what it is about you, but you've certainly managed to worm your way into his heart. I've not seen him rely on and care for someone as much as he does for you. Even if you think you've not done much for him or for us, you've done a lot and I'm extremely appreciative of that. You're the one who calms him down, you've given him more of a life outside of simply work, you're supporting him now, and you supported us both earlier this morning by coming in and going after the intruder when we didn't. And I have no doubts that you'll continue bringing value to us when he finds a position for you on the team, and that you'll continue making him the happiest I've seen him in a long time."