S: PG13 Short Story Idea

August 15, 2014

There are two types of people in this world. The living and the dead. Throughout the experiences of his eyes, he knew more than he wanted of that quote. Slamming the truck door, he sat in the second silence that he managed to count to three in. Scream echoing in the night, an explosion ignited the sky leaving him to glance in the back mirror.

Silent at first, the partner drove and decided against any questions for his better judgement but then the interrogation started on queue. Two woman, a child, and three men. He thought as he spoke. A wave of guilt washed over him as he gripped the steering wheel. For the record, they managed to get outside of town this time before he double checked the mission. Even though that was traditionally done the moment his partner entered the premises. They both knew that his partner always did more than enough.

Dev smirked. "A whore, an abusive father, a homicidal maniac, a potential addict, an alcoholic..." He muttered, contemplating on naming the other two victims. Police sirens rung in the distance, a fire truck horn yearned for clearing, and a sigh from his partner gave him the assurance to finish his list. "an innocent and a drug dealer."

Tapping on the steering wheel with his left hand, Dev's partner frowned. What to do. What to do. They should have called up their backup five miles ago. Now, there was no hope to blame anyone else. An innocent? Of course Dev still kills the kid.

"It wasn't the child." Dev replied to the silent thoughts staring at his partner.

Eleven years with this guy and he reads every imaginable audio known to records. Dev's partner thinks to himself. Dev sighs.

"For the record, I don't appreciate your pornos up there. I could live without your bisexual sex scenes." Dev grins.

Finally, Dev's partner rolls his eyes. "Read me like an open book. Ever heard of NSFW?"
"More like, not safe for my cis eyes." He grumbles.

"You know you'd fuck me if you had the chance." Dev's partner grinned, finally letting the tension settle. An innocent. He killed an innocent.

"Wing, I wouldn't fuck you even if I was bisexual transgender who started off as a woman." Dev spat.

Wing smiled.

"And. 'Not Safe For Work' my ass." Dev shook his head. "I work with you." He paused. "And that's the only time I'm around you because hell. If I saw what you did outside of work I might have to assassinate myself."

"More like, poor my love onto your desperate face." Wing winked as he accelerated. He could see the sirens and even a helicopter.

Dev snarled.

Wing nodded his head. "What do you want to do about this?" He questioned, knowing the answer.

"Kill them." Dev smirked. "Can I kill them?" He grinned.

Wing shook his head. "Not in a rental no you can't."

Dev frowned. "Damn it, then floor it to the next city. I'll call back up."

Phone ringing, Dev sighed.

"If you could please remove the cellphone from you ass pocket." Dev requested.

"Holy Transgender." Wing laughed. "You said please!" He exclaimed.

Dev frowned as he slammed Wing forward enough to retrieve the whaling cell phone. "I swear, sometimes I wonder if I do have the potential to be gay but then I remember, I've been around you for eleven years." He said, shaking his head and swiping the phone.