|| THIRTYNINE ||

"Hello?"

"Hello Namjoon , It's Hongjoong"

My eye widened and Jin could sense my uneasiness. I placed the phone down and put it on speaker.

"How did you get this number?"

"I have an offer for you"

...

Namjoons shoulders tensed once he heard the  sound of Hongjoong's voice. Namjoon rolled his eyes , he couldn't think of anything Hongjoong could  possibly offer him.

"And what can the leader of the infamous group of rogue assassins possibly have to offer me?"

Namjoon picked at his nails and waited for Hongjoong's reply but it never came , only the voice of someone else.

"How's your brother doing Joon?"

Namjoon choked on his spit when the gruff voice of the man he had claimed to kill moments ago .

"Junghoon? But how?"

"That is a story for another time. Now Joonie I heard you and your brother have had a bit of a falling out"

"Whats it to ya"

"Now now joonie , I could come there right now and do the same as you intended for me but since I'm feeling a little bit more giving , I'm here to forgive you and negotiate"

Namjoons blood ran cold , He was sure , so sure that the man speaking to him was dead , lying somewhere in America dead. He knew , but why was he still talking?

"I've been in the business longer than you've been alive Joonie , I'm always prepared especially when it comes to getting shot"

"So now Joonie , Would you like to hear me out?"

Namjoon sighed , He wasn't scared of Junghoon he was scared of what he could do , What his line of authority could ultimately lead too.

I don't think anyone gets just how powerful her father is . He's the most respected and hated man in Korea. He's done deals with various other gangs even a CEO of the FBI  whether the deals were illegal or not , He gained leverage with anyone who he thought could benefit him , with anyone he thought could in the end give him something,  So what could he possibly offer me? Everything.

"Your silence says everything"

"Just get to it Junghoon , Just remember I do have your daughter in my house"

"And I expect you to keep her there"

Various confused looks were shared around on the other side of the phone.

"What are you playing at?"

"Namjoon you aren't going to let any harm come to her , I don't know what that woman's plan is for her , But you are going to keep going ahead with whatever scheme she has going on just as planned but nothing happens to my daughter"

Jin furrowed his eyebrows.

"Get one of your boys to look after her or something and give her a phone seeming as if the only one she had is with me"

"And what do I get out of this?"

"Yunho over here tells me you've been looking for something , Something to do with a 2 million dollar bounty on a certain brother, perhaps a way to remove it?"

Namjoon and Jin froze , Jin's eyes were big and they both momentarily stopped breathing, it's been awhile since Namjoon had started looking for away to keep his brother safe, he may not know where he is but at least he knows that he is indeed safe.

"I could possibly pull a couple strings to erase anything on your brother including his criminal record and his bounty , but this comes with a slight favour"

Namjoon sighed and he felt his eyes sting but a hand placed itself on his shoulder . Jin looked at his friend with a sympathetic look.

"And what is it?"

"Ok Namjoon I want you to not only look after my daughter but delay that woman's plans for as long as you can , I'll keep in touch with further details.
I'm sorting something out to get rid of her, because no one fucks with Choi Junghoon"

And just like that , almost like a ghost he was gone again . The phone disconnected and Namjoon sat up straight. He rolled his shoulders before sighing and rolling his eyes.

"I've always fucking hated that guy but just this once , For my little brother"

"Am I informing Bang PD with what just happened?"

Namjoon shook his head , They're supposed to be federal agents not bloody mafia members , Not all of his family have the same fate, so why does he always find himself going in a full circle .

.....

Ok guys I'm getting there , The next couple of chapters are going to be sort of weirdly placed because they're like flashbacks but for different people , I'll explain what has happened properly and how the 'setting' is placed before each chapter.

So sit tight and remember STR3AM BOY WITH LUV also hit me up on Instagram if you want to chat , I'm a little down in friends at the moment and would love to talk to one of y'all. My Instagram is the same as my Wattpad . Just be weary that we may not be in the same time zone and I might reply later .