|| THIRTEEN ||

Minjae and Jongho were sitting on the stone bench in the garden outside .

"So you're telling me , that you are my half brother?"

Jongho pursed his lips and raised his eyebrows.

"Ok but that still doesn't explain why I almost died yesterday"

"So your not surprised that you have a long lost brother that you haven't know for all of your life?"

"Well it is shocking but it isn't surprising , I found a birth certificate in one of my , I mean our fathers pockets"

Jongho smiled, well she seems to be taking this alright.

"But why was Sangnim or Ray or whoever he is trying to kidnap me?"

"That's a question left for your father but like he said , he can't at the moment, he thinks that keeping you in the dark can somehow keep you safe , but in my opinion I don't think he's right"

"Then why can't you tell me?"

Jongho looked at Minjae with almost a tempting smile.

"Sorry it's not my place this is a conversation between you and our Father"

Minjae nodded before we walked back up to our Fathers office.

...

"Minjae , I know your going to ask why and I can't exactly tell you yet but what I can tell you is Jongho here is actually your half brother and he has been working with me for the las-"

*knock knock*

Junghoon turned around and turned to see his daughter poking her head through the door.

Junghoon was facing the boys who were all watching him practice how to tell her daughter the news. Obviously not Jongho who had still been following Minjae around even with his minor head injury.

"Oh sweetheart , you're here"

"Well I was told I can't exactly leave and you called me here"

"Oh yeah hah ........ I did"

"Ok so you've probably noticed the downsizing in body's who walk this house and it's a matter of safety.

I've minimised it to just these four boys here you see , you , your mother and I.

The other maids and servers around have been let go because of what has been going on. I really can't tell you what's been happening for the time being but-

A slight scoff was made by the younger male who was leaning on the door behind Minjae . Minjae looked back at him and he made a face as if 'what'd I'd tell ya'

As I was saying , We can't stay in this house anymore , Im going to have to finish my business elsewhere and you my darling , I know you're going to ask questions and ask why but you are going to be staying with these boys  for awhile"

"Ok"

"Now I can't express how much I want to tell you but I'm in a very difficult position and I just can't......... wait what?"

Minjae uncrossed her arms and twiddled her fingers together.

"If it's what you must well if it's what I must do to ensure our safety, I'll do it , I can't run or hide from what is happening , it's better me being cooperative than being difficult"

Minjae surprised everyone in the room , everyone except her bodyguard/half brother.

"Oh ok , that's great love"

"So when are we leaving or should I say when am I leaving?"

.....

Within the next couple of hours , Minjae had packed enough clothes to last a couple months.

They were packing her things in the trunk of a black SUV . Seonghwa who was the eldest in this group was in the drivers seat tapping on the steering wheel.

"Now Minjae it's not going to be for long, Once I've finished what I'm doing , Your mother and I will come get you. Understood hun?"

Minjae had plopped her last suitcase into the trunk and walked around the car towards her father. She was wearing a grey long sleeved shirt , black ripped jeans with a pair of vans.

"Yes Dad I know . Stay safe and I love you"

Minjae stood on her tiptoes and kissed his forehead before hugging him tightly. Junghoon bit his lip trying not to cry at this moment.

Hongjoong was already in the passenger seat and Yeosang got in the back,

"I love you too Minjae , I will see you when I can ok?"

Minjae looked at her dad once more eyes glistening, she hugged him once more and slid into the car next to Yeosang who gave her a reassuring smile and a pat on the leg before he resumed staring out the window.

Jongho was leaning against the front door and instead of a suit , he was wearing a plain black shirt and blue ripped jeans . a black wrist watch laced around his wrist.

He walked down the steps and and stopped behind Junghoon looking at Minjae who tried to keep up the strong persona until they left the driveway.

"You look after her , She's the only thing I have . Please keep her safe son"

"I will , I'm her big brother after all , and it's what I get paid for"

Jongho patted his fathers shoulder before he jogged towards the car and got in beside Minjae who looked at him and smiled and as they pulled out of the driveway and down the road.

Junghoon stood there smiling at his sons last words before he walked back into his house calling his wife and scheduling a plane to the USA.