|| SIX ||

I was wearing a grey hoodie and a pair of black jeans nothing but socks clad to my feet , I stood in the kitchen leaning on the grey marble countertop watching my mother chop various amounts of vegetables.

We do have a couple cooks who only come around for events and weekdays but on weekends my mother likes to spend the time cooking whatever she can on her days off.

I held the glass of orange juice in my hand and stared at my mothers reflection coming from the side .

How can she act so normal?

I rolled my eyes slightly when I saw her glance up at me and then start humming a tune.

"Those men should be here soon"

"Men? Dad said they are close to my age"

Which by the way I think is a bad idea. Teenage boys are always hormonal not that I'm judging because I don't know who these people are but I'm just saying.

My phone buzzed signalling I had received a text.

1 new message from Wooyoung🖤

I smiled slightly seeing my mother glance up at me quickly than returned back to her slicing of cucumbers.

The message read.

Hey , it's been awhile we should catch up

My fingers hovered over buttons as I contemplated a reply, 'You won't be able to leave the house for the next month and no one comes over , I'm sorry but that's just how it's going to be'.

Hey , yeah it has , sorry I'm going to have to rain check until the start of next month, my parents have a business trip in the Bahamas and I'm going to have to go with them, but once I get back let's go for a drink or something.

I really hate lying , like in general but like my father said , anyone could become a target in his line of work.

He replied within a minute,

Ok Love , have a safe trip , See you when you get back xx.

My heart fluttered and I coughed abruptly, there's just something about that nickname.

...

A loud ding dong had me on edge as I quickly stood up straight.

"That should be them "

My mother untied her apron and took it off hanging it on the rack beside the oven , turning the stove off she went to open the door as I trailed behind her.

As she opened the door my father walked in holding a brown leather briefcase and behind him were two young attractive males.

I froze slightly thinking about how awkward I become around pretty people when I'm not drunk.

"You're home Darl"

My mother stood on her toes and gave my father quick peck , father seemed shocked but nonetheless reacted to it , I rolled my eyes and switched my gaze to something beside me , hey look at that thing over there.

"Ok Minjae these are your new body guards, they are here to keep you safe nothing more and nothing less"

I smiled slightly and watched as they entered , there was a slight height difference between the pair but I could easily see who was much more muscular.

The shorter one had brown hair and brown eyes standing straight his arms placed on his chest folded neatly but still showing his somewhat huge biceps, he looked young too, they were both wearing black suits and ear piece in each of their ears.

The taller one was much leaner and he stood there arms at the back of his back.  Eyes were brown and he had black hair .

"Introduce yourself fellaz"

My father announced.

They both looked at each other for a second deciding who should go first.  The shorter one put his hands up indicating the taller one to go first so he did.

"My name is Kim Ray and I'm 24 , I hope that you feel safe when I'm around and that I can guard your body well"

A slight snort left my mouth and I didn't notice the slight glare and roll of eyes from the boy beside him. I nodded and introduced myself saying my name and how I was 18 and then turned to the shorter one who by the way was still taller than me.

"I'm 19 turning 20 soon and I am
Choi Jongho"

I smiled at Jongho and respected how he kept it natural and simple .

I definitely know who I'm picking to escort me around.