37; ♡ Flashback [1]

This chapter sucks i know. srry

                                                 Unedited. 

                                                 ○         ○          ○

                   Chapter Thirty-Seven; Flashback [1]

First time I noticed…

“Mom! I want to go play outside!” I pouted as I played with the edges of the papers. Mom sighed, and sat next to me. She laid the book, that she just took out of the library, on the table.

“Okay, okay,” My eyes brightened, “But after you finish your homework.” My scowl returned. She chuckled. “This is your punishment for hitting that boy… What was his name again?” She narrowed her eyes on the ceiling, trying to remember that annoying crybaby’s name.

“Oh, you mean Issac?” I said his name with hatred. Mom raised her eyebrow at me.

“Why did you hit him exactly? Usually, you don’t hit people.” I bit my lip, trying to find a way out. “Jodie…,” Mom used her warning tone.

I sighed. “Because! He used to walk with that annoying girl, who makes fun of everybody! So when he wanted to talk to me-“

“-You expected him to make fun of you, right?” I nodded. Mom rolled her eyes.

“Seriously? Just ignore anybody who makes fun of you!” She put her arm around my shoulders. “I will kick their butts if they made fun of my little sweetheart!” I giggled as she tickled me. When she stopped, she looked at me deadly in the eyes. “Now, Jodie, focus!” With a big smile, I nodded.

My homeworks weren’t that hard, But, I did find a few hard questions here and there, and mom was right beside me to help me. When we were about to finish, I stopped writing.

“What’s wrong?” Mom asked.

I examined her face a little. Her blond hair was really thin. I asked her about it and she said that it was falling down so it could grow back and be the most beautiful hair ever.. Her green eyes were really beautiful, yet there was something wrong. They didn’t shine like usual, and underneath them, fell dark bags.

It was obvious that she was trying to hide them with makeup

I frowned. “When’s daddy coming?” Mom didn’t answer me, so  I continued. “His trip is taking too long!” Mom chuckled a little, but it wasn’t wholeheartedly.

“You know how busy your dad is.” She smiled warily at me.

I tilted my head at her. “But he didn’t even call us!” Mom looked away, “why does he alwa-“

“Jodie!” Mom snapped. She stood up, with a glare on her face. I shrank back. When she realized that, her eyes widened with shock. Mom never liked raising her voice, she said that was unladylike, even though she does a dozen of things that were so manly.

“Continue your homework alone. I’m going to make dinner.” She walked away. My heart was beating fast from how scared I was.

Wow, even mom could shout like that.

                                              ○                                 ○                               ○